Quantcast

Former members of Pantera shot and killed.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i saw a photo today in the boston globe of a makeshift shrine that people made outside the club. someone put a bottle of Rogue's Dead Guy Ale there.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
narlus said:
i saw a photo today in the boston globe of a makeshift shrine that people made outside the club. someone put a bottle of Rogue's Dead Guy Ale there.

OK- the Rogue's I understand, but a plastic spoon? It's like some schmuck finished his frosty and just left the trash there! Why not some Randy's wired rolling papers or something more appropriate? :think:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Damn True said:
Well their career was already dead wasn't it?

What the heck makes someone flip out like that?
Well they were playing in front of 1000 people, that doesn't sound like a dead career to me...

But as to your second question I have no idea :(

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I would never wish anyone ill will but I'm glad the shooter got shot and killed.
:stupid: I'm mostly glad he didn't get to off himself. I don't understand people.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
dh girlie said:
I would never wish anyone ill will but I'm glad the shooter got shot and killed.
yes and no.

I would be nice to get some info as to why he did it, but had he not been shot you know he would have gotten like 2 years in prison, which would have sucked.

although, he probably would have been killed in prison by some burly prison guy.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
pnj said:
yes and no.

I would be nice to get some info as to why he did it, but had he not been shot you know he would have gotten like 2 years in prison, which would have sucked.

although, he probably would have been killed in prison by some burly prison guy.

Knowing the motive behind it isn't going to justify it, make anyone understand the reasoning behind it or bring those people back. Worlds better off without people like that...like you said...he'd probably get off in 2 years anyway...and then who'd be next?

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
mmm...occasionally...you have your moments...all guys do...they go through 'ghost pms'.
I see some guys around here that should be floating around rattling chains and saying BOO if that is the case.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
dh girlie said:
Knowing the motive behind it isn't going to justify it, make anyone understand the reasoning behind it or bring those people back. Worlds better off without people like that...like you said...he'd probably get off in 2 years anyway...and then who'd be next?
knowing won't bring anyone back, but answers help close doors.

if he got out in say 2 years, someone would have killed him. but I like to think some mean prison guy would have offed him first.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
narlus said:

If I am correct Dimebag had a tatoo of "Rouge's Dead Guy Ale" on his leg. Dave Mustaine (Megadeath) mentioned something about it on Headbnger's Ball the other night. Dimebag had a habit of getting a tatoo to honor someone he admired. "Rogue's Dead Guy Ale" was in the lyrics of a Megadeath song and since Dimebag admired Dave Mustaine he got the tatoo to honor Dave. That explains the bottle on the rock.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
cool, thanks for the info. interesting.

i was just hoping that someone would be impressed that i could ID that beer bottle w/ less than half the label showing. :sneaky:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Cemetery Gates has been a feature of every Dime segment I have seen, so here goes.

Reverend, reverend,
Is this a conspiracy?
Crucified for no sins
No revenge... beneath me.
Lost within my plans for life,
It all seems so unreal.
I'm a man cut in half in this world,
Left in my misery.

(instrumental)

The reverend he turned to me
Without a tear in his eyes.
It's nothing new for him to see,
I didn't ask him why.
I will remember...
The love our souls had sworn to make.
Now i watch the falling rain
All my mind can see now is your (face).

Well i guess
You took my youth
And gave it all away.
Like the birth of a new found joy,
This love would end in rage...
And when she died
I couldn't cry,
The pride within my soul.
You left me incomplete
All alone as the memories now unfold.

Believe the word.
I will unlock my door...
And pass the cemetery gates.

Sometimes when i'm alone,
I wonder aloud,
If you're watching over me
Some place far abound.
I must reverse my life
I can't live in the past.
Then set my soul free,
Belong to me at last.

Through all those complex years
I thought I was alone.
I didn't care to look around
And make this world my own...
And when she died
I should've cried and spared myself some pain.
You left me incomplete,
All alone as the memories still remain.

The way we were,
The chance to save my soul...
And my concern is now in vain.
Believe the word,
I will unlock my door...
And pass the cemetery... gates

(instrumental)

The way we were,
The chance to save my soul...
And my concern is now in vain.
Believe the word,
I will unlock my door...
And pass the cemetery...

Gates...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
This has had me depressed and confused all week.

I added it up in my head, I must have watched Pantera play at least 60 times while touring with them. I'd go on with them sometimes and do the back up vocals to "Walk" or "This Love" or "F*cking Hostile", and do some shots with Dime afterwards. It was like hanging out with crazy relatives. Good times.

No other band treated Neurosis as well on tour as those guys. From day one we were treated like brothers. Cat (John Brooks, one of the survivors of the shooting) was one of the best friends I ever had on the road. He'd hold his hand in a fire for you.

The f*cked up thing is this can happen to ANYONE on a stage. Especially if your music speaks to the brain stem the way Pantera's and Damage Plan's music does. There are alot of stupid, dangerous people in the USA, and they can easily get guns. (and training, like this asshole got in the marines).

The fan who was shot to death was on stage trying to give Dime CPR. Tragedy at it's most brutal.

Even if you can't stomach the music they played, please say a prayer for their families and go hug your brother if you have one.

RIP DIME.

- Jason

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Though I never met him, I still dont know what to say. I'm still speachless.
It's a bad nightmare and cant wake up. So much respect and admiration.
Your memory will live on in our hearts and minds forever.

RIP Dime.