Quantcast

Formula 203mm Rotor on 08 Boxxer

brownie1664

Chimp
Nov 12, 2008
England
Just wondering if someone can shed some light on which adaptor to use. Ive got Formula The Ones and want to use the lightweight 203mm Rotor on 08 Boxxers. With the older style rotors you could get a 'Boxxer standard' adaptor but cant seem to find any clear info on an adaptor for the 203mm.

Cheers

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Doesn't exist. I ran that setup on my previous bike and I called the boys at Formula and they said they never actually produced an adapter for that combination because there would be so few people running that setup. I had to use a 200mm adapter from my old The Ones and space it out. I had a bag of spare adapters and I tried to use a 203 Avid Boxxer adapter but it's wider than the Formula and I couldn't get the caliper to properly align over rotor.

Hope that helps.

brownie1664

Chimp
Nov 12, 2008
England
Guys - I've been running ONE's on my 08' Boxxer for 4 years now. Here's what you need:

http://www.bikepartsexpress.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BR8091&Store_Code=bpe&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=na&utm_campaign=froogle&utm_content=BR8091

What you need is a Shimano SM-MA-f203P/B front brake adapter.

Works perfectly!

Hope this helps!

:D
Cheers buddy.

Been trying to find one in the UK but its a nightmare!! Been advised about trying the Hope Adaptor which a guy over here as been using. so i'll give that a go.

Thanks for your help.

brownie1664

Chimp
Nov 12, 2008
England
Did look at that one on CRC. But the part number on that is SM-MA-F203P/S so wasn't sure wether that would fit the BoXXer mount. Must be a reason for the two different p/n??? Or is just an excuse to charge more!!!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Hmmm... are you trying to read the P/N from the pic?

Upon closer examination, there DOES seem to be a difference between mine and the caliper mount in the CRC listing so disregard that one.

Scroll up to my first post and click the link to purcahse what you need from BikeParts - that is the exact same make and model I have.

Last edited:

brownie1664

Chimp
Nov 12, 2008
England
ok... managed to fine the right shimano adaptor that you suggested on ebay. so have ordered that up. BikeParts was good but the postage to the uk was stupidly high for such a small part!! +VAT!! so just need to wait for it to arrive from Hong Kong!! Does this adaptor fit straight on and line up perfectly or will it need shimming??

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Mine bolted directly to the fork without shimming, but each hub has slight variations in disc spacing. For example I have an old Marzhocchi 20mm thru-axle front hub on my practice wheel set and the caliper adapter needed no shims, but with my race wheel set I need to use 2 small thin shims to accomodate the 20mm DT 240s.