Quantcast

Formula Cura bleed fittings?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think they're the same as old DOT Formula which are the same as Avid/SRAM screw in attachments too.

Hopefully a Cura owner can come and confirm.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
bump...

let's say hypothetically a ham-fisted person was to have fubar'd the brake pad fixing bolt and may need to drill it out of the caliper. Can anyone confirm if it's the same part as on any other Formula caliper? Better still anyone know a part number?

Asking for a friend. :banghead:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
bump...

let's say hypothetically a ham-fisted person was to have fubar'd the brake pad fixing bolt and may need to drill it out of the caliper. Can anyone confirm if it's the same part as on any other Formula caliper? Better still anyone know a part number?

Cotter pin it now?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
bump...

I don't have a Cura to compare to, but I can measure whatever dimensions would be helpful on the bolt out of an RO if that would help.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
bump...

Aluminium bolt?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've got RO's on my DH bike if you're just looking to try another bolt (won't the one from the other Cura work??)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I assume, yes.
This thing is a bizutch to get out too. Too small to grip with pliers, can't cut a groove for a screwdriver.
It's steel on the RO. I'd be really surprised if the Cura one was aluminum.

Can you get needle nose pliers to grip the shank of it, in between the pads? You could also drill a hole through that part of it cross wise and stick an allen wrench through that.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
It's steel on the RO. I'd be really surprised if the Cura one was aluminum.

Can you get needle nose pliers to grip the shank of it, in between the pads? You could also drill a hole through that part of it cross wise and stick an allen wrench through that.
it has a polished finish, very smooth. can't get much purchase with needle nose so far.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Grind two sides slightly flat with a dremmel? And/or needle nose vice grips to clamp harder?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Get yourself some vice grips and clamp down on that bitch. I have some rad ones with a hex on the adjuster, you clamp them and then turn the adjuster until they're tiger tight, they'll grip anything.

I try to remember to dig out my brakes out of the big-box-o-shit for the new cycle tomorrow and measure the bolt for you, I assume you want to know what other bolts may work incase you can't find the cura ones right? Cotter pins or safety wire work too.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
M5 standard thread is 0.8 pitch, not 1.0, FWIW. I'd be surprised if that was coarser than that, and it doesn't look like it either.

That does also appear to be the same bolt as used in the RO.