Quantcast

formula cura lever issue

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
so today i started getting inconsistent feel at the lever on my cura, then to the bars with no braking. came home, did a bleed. even with the system full of fluid with no air bubbles i can't get any pressure in the lever. i assume it's not a problem at the caliper and that the master cylinder has failed.any thoughts from the monkey mind? believe me, i've tried it nao. i'd run root beer in the lines if i thought it would help...

Last edited:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Does the lever return on it's own? I had an issue once, where the plastic bushings for the Cura lever got real sticky. Would not bleed proper, until the bushing was cleaned up.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Does the lever return on it's own? I had an issue once, where the plastic bushings for the Cura lever got real sticky. Would not bleed proper, until the bushing was cleaned up.
yes, it snaps back right away.

i went ahead and ordered a whole new brake. figured it would be good to have an extra caliper on hand for down the road and the cost hadn't gone up nearly as much as for shimano/sram stuff.

i'll tear into the master cylinder and see whatMs what once i get the new brake in house.