Quantcast

Formula one 2010,Rubbing HARD.

SCARY

Not long enough
I love these damn brakes but lately they have been rubbing really hard.I had to cut short a ride this morning ,cuz I was so mad at myself for being out of shape.Well I found out the rotor was rubbing so much that the front wheel woul only spin 1/4 turn.Rear wheel is kinda rubbing too.

Any ideas or similar experiences?Thx

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
are they new pads? i just put new Kool Stop pads in and the dragged really bad until they wore down a bit. also, is the caliper centered on the rotor?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
As stated above pull em out push em in and squeeze down a smidge and see if both pistons are active. New pads will drag a smidge sometimes also if they were bled with semi worn pads they will sometimes have too much fluid in the resi and start to engage once heated up from fluid expansion.
If its hitting partially is the rotor bent or is the wavy part (outer edge of rotor) hitting the caliper (ie maybe a mill to high and dragging)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
New pads use a avid bleed kit make sure the pistons are back all the way. They are simple once you've done them. I am putting motul 660 in mine tonight with a new rear line.
Go from resi down then push from caliper up. Cycle a few times pull the lever with the upper syringe full and let it draw fluid from there and watch the lower hose for bubbles.
Its ALOT like a avid bleed.