Quantcast

Formula R1 brakes.

Aginato

Chimp
Dec 10, 2010
Belgium
Used them on a test bike for about 1 year.

Impressive power for a such a light brake! But the bite point adjustment that's on the 2011 version is a definite upgrade, setup is a bit difficult without since the pads are very close to the rotor as standard on the 2010 and before models.

Very light rotors too and an overall high quality brake, never had much problems with it.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I love my R1 brakes, been running them for a few hundred miles, so light and powerful with maybe the best feel of any brake I have used.

I have a set of XTR trail brakes also, but I have never used them so it will be interesting to compare next spring.

sneakwipe

Chimp
Dec 30, 2010
hmmm, I really wonder that why these things are not found in books? well you done a great job really and its been a very handy set of information i had from ur articles. thanks dude. Cheers

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Yes 2010 model and in my opinion it all depends. When there working well they work well but they are very picky on pad wear and do require more tlc than many brake. There also not the strongest brakes when it comes to crashing. Not only that but even more annoyingly there parts are expensive to say the least. If money really is no issue there worth a try as there better then many if money is the I would not recommend them.

bn880

Chimp
Mar 31, 2011
Used them on a test bike for about 1 year.

Impressive power for a such a light brake! But the bite point adjustment that's on the 2011 version is a definite upgrade, setup is a bit difficult without since the pads are very close to the rotor as standard on the 2010 and before models.
By the way: These are OPTIONS/Upgrades only. The 2011 brake does not come with bite point adjust nor the knob for lever adjust out of the box. (the lever position can be adjusted with an allen key though)