Quantcast

Formula The One MY10, FCS and Goodridge hoses.....

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
Wanted to upgrade my My10 The Ones to use Formulas FCS. Unscrewed my goodridge hoses but the hose that came out the Formula master cylinder doesnt seem to want to screw into the FCS. The FCS screws into the brake just fine....

Dont want to crank on it in case I damage something. Has anyone had any success with this setup?

Some pictures to illustrate....

This is the reusable Goodridge fitment which slots into the open end of the FCS unit (it has the threaded portion removed for illustration purposes)

and heres an example of the above part fitted into the FCS.

You can see how far in its sits vs the one that has the screw thread in place that siezes very early. The threads look by eye to fit together but i dont have anything to measure them to confirm handy. Any ideas?

thx in adv for any help to a spanner newb

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Go to your'e local formula dealer & order one,the fcs also comes in red.They are both for the ONES & R1s.

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
Got them from my local formula dealer.I think they are making their way into stores currently. The good ridge hoses didn't feel like they made a massive difference on their own but the added reliability was welcome. The nice thing is the ends are reusable so it's easy and cheap to replace damaged cables.
I understand the standard formula cables just screw in no problem so ill see if the bolts can be used on the good ridge connector, if not ill have to see if I can find some suitable bolts.

I understand the FCS is compatible with my10 brakes but the lever reach adapter isn't.
Im not fussed about that as it's an easy tweak with a 2mm hex when needed.

Thanks for the help guys

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I understand the FCS is compatible with my10 brakes but the lever reach adapter isn't.
Im not fussed about that as it's an easy tweak with a 2mm hex when needed.
from my understanding, it will work with MY10 brakes.

yep:
The 2011 ONE and R1 can be upgraded to have the FCS and IRA. Additionally, the 2010 models can also be fitted with the new FSC and IRA
http://www.sicklines.com/2010/10/13/2010-interbike-2011-formula-brakes-thirty3-fork-volo-wheels/

Last edited:

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
I got some 2010 formula one's on the way to my house. how much did the FCS cost? I also could care less about lever reach adjustment but pad contact is great to have for on trail adjustments.

random696

Chimp
Apr 9, 2011
so ... anyone figured this one out... or is there gonna be just spam on where did he buy the freaking FCS and how much does it cost , google stuff.
Dont reply with even more offtopic please, some ppl actually need actual answers, thnx , love you all.

in not so many words

BUMP lol