Quantcast

Fort William 2024 Race

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
but they wearing them wrong
Seems like they're over-the-top baggy. Earlier in the year I saw Mick Schumacher at some race in the Mercedes garage with really baggy jeans and I was like WTF. But then I remembered I've been almost completely detached from pop culture for at least a decade.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
as a custodian of a couple teenagers, i have to bite my tongue when it comes to commenting on the excess fabric yardage they're currently sporting - recalling the consternation i subjected my parents to through various stylistic phases.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
as a custodian of a couple teenagers, i have to bite my tongue when it comes to commenting on the excess fabric yardage they're currently sporting - recalling the consternation i subjected my parents to through various stylistic phases.
JNCO!!! :rofl:

thankfully neither of my teens is into the rebirth of this horrible trend...

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
No more Fox Dialed? Gold forks gonna sell themselves?

Seems my MAXXXX account is still giving me BR Zportz so guess I'll watch some racing.

Feeling very ambivalent about this year. Despite the STACKED fields (no Dak Norton pun intended), the live race coverage was so shit last year I'm loathe to turn the sound on. Though I've not seen any sign of Cedric "OOH LA LA, EEE's PEADALLINK ON DA PEDALS BY TURNINK EE's LEGS, HON HON HON" Gracia so there's that.

Christ, I am getting old.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
No more Fox Dialed? Gold forks gonna sell themselves?

Seems my MAXXXX account is still giving me BR Zportz so guess I'll watch some racing.

Feeling very ambivalent about this year. Despite the STACKED fields (no Dak Norton pun intended), the live race coverage was so shit last year I'm loathe to turn the sound on. Though I've not seen any sign of Cedric "OOH LA LA, EEE's PEADALLINK ON DA PEDALS BY TURNINK EE's LEGS, HON HON HON" Gracia so there's that.

Christ, I am getting old.
saw somewhere cedric's out and gwin's in for the english commentary...anyone else confirm that?

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
gwinn doing commentary on the 1st 4 rounds whilst he's still in recovery mode (not racing).

confirmed they killed dialed? sucks if so, love that series.

oh - one kid has a very JNCO-esque pair of pants (what comes around, etc). like you can carry ipads in the pockets.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
JNCO!!! :rofl:

thankfully neither of my teens is into the rebirth of this horrible trend...

Fashion is just a cycle where teenagers wear the dumest shit they find in their parents closet that they had as teenagers.

But the reality is that in a horsepower limited speed sport, aerodynamics matter, especially when podiums spots are fractions of a second different.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
gwinn doing commentary on the 1st 4 rounds whilst he's still in recovery mode (not racing).

confirmed they killed dialed? sucks if so, love that series.

oh - one kid has a very JNCO-esque pair of pants (what comes around, etc). like you can carry ipads in the pockets.
Ok First,these “bibs” they are going to wear are stupid. Why? Because there is a shirt over it. So when the Ladies or even boy’s,have Togo Pee! It is a bit of a problem. Fucking Bibs. Baggy or Tight clothing for them,I do not care. I Love um both,different era’s. What is fucking stupid is to wear a Fucking Bib! No need,pants and a shirt will do. Who the Fuck has the Final Call on this?

Did you see Tonya on Vital laying out her Uniform in the Pretty Pink? For Fuck’s sake,when she said, “it will be a bit of a problem for the Bathroom”,my Heart just sank. No Shit it is a problem! Enough Avy.

Why is Gwin not using his wrench? When he comes back. Is there a problem Avy is not aware of?

Love seeing Reece back and his Bike look’s Proper.

Amaury Is Back.

Where is my favorite Frenchman?

Luc’s Bike is Ugly. What bothers me most is those wimpy ass Top Pivot Links,they look soooo out of scale? Look at it. What the Fuck?

I am worried about the Future of our Sport,but the World seems tobe right in line with it.

Avy

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Fashion is just a cycle where teenagers wear the dumest shit they find in their parents closet that they had as teenagers.

But the reality is that in a horsepower limited speed sport, aerodynamics matter, especially when podiums spots are fractions of a second different.
that's why you gotta peg your jnco kit. duh.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
that's why you gotta peg your jnco kit. duh.

That would imply I ever had a jnco kit.

Actually I was blissfully unaware such things existed until a few years ago when a friend shared an old picture of him wear such a get up. There was much pointing and laughing.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yeah, I didn't even see that. TBH, I didn't even see the top tier menu of theirs until now. (way to nail the UI/UX MAXXXXX :rolleyes:). Guess I'll be watching. Juniors are like around 4.25am my time. Breakfast burrito margaritas it is then.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Listening to tahnee talk about how good the speed suit was cringe. Downhill really was peak in about 01 to '10

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Okay. Wyn's track walk vid and Vital Raw and Moir's filmer's unedited edit (can't saw 'raw' twice, that's, uh, raw) is slowly warming my cold heart about Discovery Downhill. Let's go ... I guess

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Yes Jordi confirmed that Dialed was killed unfortunately :disgust1: That was one of my favorite things to watch every race weekend. I guess Fox didn’t have much spare money left this year with all the stock they still need to sell for so cheap.

At this point I’d resign pay 10-15$cdn per race instead but I won’t be paying 60$/month for a Flosports subscription.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
watching "recovering" asa's vid from his first time at fort bill....shit. is anyone going to be able to hang with him in juniors? jewett? he was pasting the us pros here pretty regularly last year...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
View attachment 211181

15 bucks just for one weekend?

FUCK UCI
Lol. In Poland, a country with half the wages of UK (and that's generous since in my position it would be x4) we have to pay 169pln so 42usd. There is also a 110$ package. I still don't understand why I continue living here.

On a different topic. The late qualifiers all get super slow starts. Is it windy as hell for the end of quality up top?

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I haven't been paying for anything and will continue to do so. I'm over middle men getting added so that I can pay more money for a service I used to get for free while none of it actually makes its way to the riders for an overall worse product.

Any places to pirate or should I continue to just not really give a shit about DH racing any more and not watch?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Looks like some big names didn’t make the cut. However I have zero clue what the uci is doing with qualifying and seeding etc this year, so who knows if Dak, Atwill, Greenland, etc not making the top 80 actually affects their ability to race.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I haven't been paying for anything and will continue to do so. I'm over middle men getting added so that I can pay more money for a service I used to get for free while none of it actually makes its way to the riders for an overall worse product.

Any places to pirate or should I continue to just not really give a shit about DH racing any more and not watch?
tiz-cycling.com worked last year for the finals. Hopefully it does this year as well. I’m with you, no fucking way am I paying for a far inferior product. By all accounts this weekend, they seem to be fucking it up even more by taking away the free live semis.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Looks like some big names didn’t make the cut. However I have zero clue what the uci is doing with qualifying and seeding etc this year, so who knows if Dak, Atwill, Greenland, etc not making the top 80 actually affects their ability to race.
I think last year the top 20 overall were protected for the first round.

But with this shit show, who knows?