Aug 27, 2002
UK
That is one hideous jockey outfit (BK)

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
tiz was good for me. great race. i liked having tahnee in the mix while she was in the booth. top ten were all ripping, but >insert rider name< was on another fuckin level. surprised not more crashes/bike carnage.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I am inspired to ride today like <insert riders name> so thanks for that.

Pink panther suits. Blah.

Gwin in the booth? I like it. But still miss Warner.

Coming from the AMA Supercross in Denver. It's interesting to note the differences. Just sayin

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
And disc brake covers?
THE (Toby Henderson Extrapolations) did them back in the 90s. made from their revolutionary kids $1 minimarket plastic halloween mask material. Meaning they'd bend, then crack then blow clean off the bike just like their mudguards did if the bike was transported on a vehicle at normal main road speeds.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Glad to see <insert rider name> back from a 2yr break is still on pace

Really not sure how long a no spoiler policy is valid for?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Really not sure how long a no spoiler policy is valid for?
Why are we even doing this in a race thread?! If you click here before watching the race, that's on you.

Anyone know what happened to Pompon? Crash? Or just poor form? Was hoping to see her in the finals. Glad to see Tahnee back in top shape too.

Nice runs from Dak and Shaw. I really like Shaw's calm demeanor. Would be nice to see him and Brosnan pushing each other in the same way Iles and Bruni do...

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So stupid, they moaned about it for so long, put all these rules in places and now its back.
Yeah, they are tight. But it is racing. My dad bod would def not be sporting any of those. There is a thing for wind resistance/aerodynamics tho. But hell. If you just won by 4 seconds. Who da fuk cares what you're wearing? Or is that part of the 4 second win equation?

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Hell yeah.

Great to see Asa just as chill and mellow on a UCI podium as he is on the local chair lift.
Good sign that the kid has his head on right and is set for big things.

I take it Minaar crashed?
What happened to Luke M-S and the DSQ?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
So stupid, they moaned about it for so long, put all these rules in places and now its back.
Blame Peaty for a lot of the moaning. He was very vocal about his dislike of the skinsuit and peak removal that always went on at World Champs. Him and a bunch of others in his boys club came up with some stupid unofficial petition they all *signed* Barell went "Putain" to it and continued to run peakless in lycra for the race run and beat him. Where a lot of the reason for Steve's bad feeling towards him came from. That and the usual tired old Xenophobia English cunts always feel is acceptable.
Ironically once the peak thing was universally accepted by the riders Peaty got a custom shorter peak made. You couldn't make this shit up!
I think it might all just be willy size thing.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I take it Minaar crashed?
What happened to Luke M-S and the DSQ?
Yes to Minnaar
Luke crashed over the second berm after the woods drop and didn't go back to the silly coloured stick to re-enter the track. He'd lost a good 20 secs anyway
[EDIT]
Both shown here in the mens highlights vid

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Why are we even doing this in a race thread?! If you click here before watching the race, that's on you.
I was kinda kidding.
Shady asked me not to excitedly post riders names as they took the hotseat. Like I usually do. Due to his stream lag.

Well impressed with Asa. 4:10 and looking fairly chill on THAT track just 5 weeks after breaking his hip and a big crash the day before is absolutely insane! Was it just me or did he even look like he had a slight limp when he was walking around the finish area after his run?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah, they are tight. But it is racing. My dad bod would def not be sporting any of those. There is a thing for wind resistance/aerodynamics tho. But hell. If you just won by 4 seconds. Who da fuk cares what you're wearing? Or is that part of the 4 second win equation?
Cathro reckoned the Mojo suit was good for 10sec at Ft William back when they wore them. (but that's Vs old skool flappy tops and shorts).
Thing is with that place more than 3/4 of the track is exposed and wind is super changeable. Any contender'd have to be an idiot to race a WC there with their clothing flapping about nowadays. Vali would have defo given time away compared to Tahnee (and even Nina) because of her looser clothing. how much exactly? Who knows

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Yes to Minnaar
Luke crashed over the second berm after the woods drop and didn't go back to the silly coloured stick to re-enter the track. He'd lost a good 20 secs anyway
[EDIT]
Both shown here in the mens highlights vid
Chicken Joe with a solid slam.

I like how he pops up all shocked, rips off the google and stumbles around.
Then is like "shit I'm racing", grabs the goggles and hops back on.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
What do you think of the broadcast quality?

I didn't have any issues, other than finding the bloody thing. After that it was pretty smooth sailing.

Gwin and Warner would be my pick. It's not like Ric and the Aussie Enduro guy that used to ride for Giant are bad (can't remember his name at the moment). But still....

I liked the additional color Tawnee added. At the end when interviewing Bruni, it kinda felt like Supercross style production/direction. Which works for me. Not saying I'm sticking around to hear it, but still. Not bad.

Something to consider, from golf coverage that I have noticed. They have the ability to interview the competitor live. So after they hit their shot, they're walking and talking live. So what if right after their run, split screen of the guy who is talking about their run and at the same time seeing the next rider coming down?

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Golf lol
Occasionally they already cut to short interviews with riders in the finish area. With seemingly random quality of interviewers. It possibly could work well with some sort of picture in picture sorta thing. But I don't really think it's needed. Especially now we have a far smaller field.
Much like golf there can be often be multiple competitors on course at the same time.
But quite a lot more is happening in DH. Or I'd fucking hope so anyway.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I'm quite inquisitive now as to WTF golfers have to tell you about the last time they hit the ball that you also just watched tho