Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Last edited:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
nice post, thanks for sharing

glad to see them revamping a tweaking the track. the previous one was tired and worked. I like seeing the "classic" tracks that are always on the calendar reinvent themselves every few years with new lines and new section to keep everyone on their toes.

it still follows the same path down the hill but some of those section are completely different it might as well be a new track from the looks of it,

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Any suggestions for comming the the WC? I am flying in from South Korea for a 1 week traing course and cant believe my luck. The course finishes on the friday with the WC kicking off Friday/Saturday. I am looking into catching the overnoght train from Aberdeen and sleeping the Saturday night before catching the overnoght back on Sunday. Any better options? I am just trying to sort accomodation in Fort Bill.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Any suggestions for comming the the WC? I am flying in from South Korea for a 1 week traing course and cant believe my luck. The course finishes on the friday with the WC kicking off Friday/Saturday. I am looking into catching the overnoght train from Aberdeen and sleeping the Saturday night before catching the overnoght back on Sunday. Any better options? I am just trying to sort accomodation in Fort Bill.
You mean aside from hoping like hell that volcano in Iceland isn't going off, right?;)

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
Gee dropped his chain some where, not sure where though. Also Dan Stanbridge dislocated his shoulder so will be out for a while, it was put straight back in though so hopefully the damage has been minimised
I raced it and the changes were good, For those of you that know the track the rock slab a few corners after you cross under the gondola has been changed and is so good now, really fast loose and a lot of fun :D

Many of the new sections are a bit boggy much like the track was when it was first built. When you build on ground like that it take at least a few years of riding and repairing to get a solid base. Still its good to have some new bits. It seems to have added quite a bit of time and may now be pushing the 5 min max length unless then speed some other bits up.

Also, to the guy who is going to be in Aberdeen. There is not train from Aberdeen to Fort William, you would have to go south to Glasgow and then back up. However I will be driving over from Aberdeen on Friday so could offer a lift. You would still need to make your own way back though as I have a some plans for the week after.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Floor Tom, I am the guy comming in from Korea and hoping the ash settles. I would dig to hook up a lift and PM is sent.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Rode Fort William today, the changes are very good! It's a **** load more technical but still very rough. The changes defo add to the track. There are quite a few blind little drops now that are kinda nothing but will make for some interesting line choices after the track has been beaten all weekend again.