Live timing (Now results)

Stream 1:15pm UK (BST)

*I believe it's on Facebook too if you do that

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
English 1, 2 & 3 @sethimus (oh... and FYI I was joking)

we probably shouldn't take too much away from the Elite results. It's unusual to see this many WC riders at a UK national and I'd imagine many were probably just using this weekend as a testing ground for set-ups and equipment for the year. Despite being into May the first race of WC season still seems ages away this year.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Nina Hoffmann seems to really like Fort William.
Where was Goldstone? Rest of the Syndicate seems to be present.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
This mixed SDA and BDS is nonsense and almost takes away from the SDA all the hard work they put in years ago

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Mountainbiking is all bullshit mate. Just a bunch of overgrown kids (and fairly priveleged actual kids) playing in the woods on overly expensive toys. :dirol:
BC (and formerly BCF) Never really put their own money (or hard work) into mtb. BITD they contracted all the hard work/building/organising etc. out to local clubs/orgsnisers etc. Showed up with their shite British flags, rule book and officials. And the guys who did the actual graft got a pittance for it. (you may well remember those days). Now that XC (and BMX) is Olympic status BC get Olympic funding and it still doesn't get dished out fairly.

You'd have to speak to the SDA committee about their feelings on their current agreement to run the show for BDS. All I know is not too long ago SDA were really struggling and running races at a loss and now the Scottish DH race scene seems pretty healthy again.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
doubtful (without some sort of announcement). A few UK Elites weren't there. incl Danny Hart

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I didn't remember any announcement about retirement. I do remember that he was back on his bike after that huge crash and wondered if he was good enough for giving a try at racing.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Mountainbiking is all bullshit mate. Just a bunch of overgrown kids (and fairly priveleged actual kids) playing in the woods on overly expensive toys. :dirol:
BC (and formerly BCF) Never really put their own money (or hard work) into mtb. BITD they contracted all the hard work/building/organising etc. out to local clubs/orgsnisers etc. Showed up with their shite British flags, rule book and officials. And the guys who did the actual graft got a pittance for it. (you may well remember those days). Now that XC (and BMX) is Olympic status BC get Olympic funding and it still doesn't get dished out fairly.

You'd have to speak to the SDA committee about their feelings on their current agreement to run the show for BDS. All I know is not too long ago SDA were really struggling and running races at a loss and now the Scottish DH race scene seems pretty healthy again.
I totally agree, its not the racing of yesteryear now, Its all politics and BS and ran by a lot of folk interested in the money and not the sport.

The SDA took a big hit when enduro when and became super popular but seems to have got back to a nice place again, I might even race Glenshee this year. A lot of the people I knew in the SDA have left now so I dont really know anyone but from the outside its fucking crap.