Quantcast

Fort William World Cup DH 2012- official?

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
Did anyone watch the VDS race through the redbull app and use airplay to project it to a TV? I did this but everytime I sat my ipad down for more than 3-4 minutes the feed would stop on the TV and I'd have to turn the ipad back on and hit the play button again.
I don't use airplay but I did redbull app on ipad --> TV. No issues with the feed stopping but it seemed low bandwidth with poor quality. So I switched to redbull website on laptop --> TV and that worked better.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Did anyone watch the VDS race through the redbull app and use airplay to project it to a TV? I did this but everytime I sat my ipad down for more than 3-4 minutes the feed would stop on the TV and I'd have to turn the ipad back on and hit the play button again.
PMB I attempted this with my iphone, but the redbull App wasn't working. Hopefully it does for FT. BILL this time around!

I have an apple HDMI cable that I run to my tv that works pretty well. We stream our netflix movies this way, and it'll stay running for the whole movie. It could be that the cord allows the power supply to be connected at the same time? Maybe try that with your ipad?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I think it might have something to do with the ipad "sleeping" or something like that after a few minutes. I would get everything running on the ipad with the picture sent via wifi to the TV then hit the top button on the ipad to turn the screen off, sit it down on the coffee table and a couple minutes later the video would stop on the TV and I'd have to turn the ipad back on and hit play button on the RB app.

I know I'm being a little bitchy, I should just be happy I'm getting to watch Live WC coverage on my TV.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so what's going on over there? teams rolled in and set up shop? course walk today? or is it UCI technical inspection? other than that new "motorway" bit, anything else new to the track? Any word on Stevie Smith's hand?

I feel like a crack addict, I need another fix after that great hit from VdS! this lack of coverage is making me itch!
i think the track walk is today. should see some pics later this afternoon/evening.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Gwin
Minnar

Then in some order will be,
Hill
Gee
Cole

I'm curious as to what minnar will say when Gwin beats him by 5+ seconds on a track where minnar is comfortable and able to push the pace.

Jun 1, 2011
Denver
Just because its Fort William and he is Peaty...

I'm taking Steve Peat for the top step of the box

(disclaimer: I know this is unlikely, but I can dream can't I?)

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003

Massive improvement to the motorway section. Honestly quite surprised it took them this many years to "fix" it proper like that.

Should be good for racing as there have always been a few guys who crush the top splits but lose a couple seconds in the old motorway sprint (Sam and Danny to name a few).

The bottom will still reward the strong and fit, but at least it will be less about sheer horsepower now.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
so what's going on over there? teams rolled in and set up shop? course walk today? or is it UCI technical inspection? other than that new "motorway" bit, anything else new to the track? Any word on Stevie Smith's hand?

I feel like a crack addict, I need another fix after that great hit from VdS! this lack of coverage is making me itch!
3rd at Timed practice. Smith should be ok.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
as much as dislocated fingers are uncomfortable, if taped up they aren't too bad to ride with...I did a gnarly number on my ring finger a couple years ago and after a couple days was still pounding out bike park laps.....come on stevie, smash it up sunday!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
sweet thanks. what strikes me about Fraser's photos is that in contrast to the trackwalk at VDS, there's no one there! VDS seemed crazy busy with people everywhere.... maybe Fort Bill is such a long track that people get spread out really thin....

Tracy Hannah didn't bother to do a timed run? I don't see her on the list. I'd need to change my Fantasy Team if she's not competing for whatever reason...

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I'm curious as to what minnar will say when Gwin beats him by 5+ seconds on a track where minnar is comfortable and able to push the pace.
There's no question Gwin is on a different level, but Minnaar always seems to elevate his "game" to match the next level, so I wouldn't I count him out just yet.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
sweet thanks. what strikes me about Fraser's photos is that in contrast to the trackwalk at VDS, there's no one there! VDS seemed crazy busy with people everywhere.... maybe Fort Bill is such a long track that people get spread out really thin....
I think it was easier for them to spread out since they didn't need to rope in and rappel any of the course.

Top speeds are pretty interesting, Hart had fastest time with only 60 kph. Fastest trap speed was 72 kph, so we can be sure times will fall.

Last edited: