Quantcast

Fort William World Cup

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
As for skinsuits, I can't believe the top guys AREN'T wearing them. I can easily beleive it's worth 5+ seconds on a course like that, any guy on that podium could have been in the #1 spot if they'd chosen to put the baggies to one side for one run.
But non of them didn't. Imagine the sacrifice they did for what some consider to be a fashion statment. Obvoiusly it's something that isn't a part of their personalities that some are trying to make them wear. Soldidarity is a beautiful thing.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
^ haha, robs comments on the condoms;

'i dont care how many pairs of socks they got stuffed down them,
its not impressive'

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
man I am delighted for those guys on the podium, minnaar, peat and rennie! amazing, at last rennie is back there where he should be, encouraging!
Hill looked slightly uncomfortable in 5th ah well, nothing like a bit of healthy competition!
savage result for the Syndicate!

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
hey all,
6 years at the same venue sure takes it out of you ... plus weeks on the road missing the loved ones. but the racing was sweet as ... all the better for my mate Greg Minnaar winning ...
so after a tough weekend of soul searching and weighing up of options i give you some photos ... http://www.flipper.co.za/gallery/FortWilliam_2008/

laters
gary
Second what damo said!

Awesome picc's thanx for sharing

cheers

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
hey all,
6 years at the same venue sure takes it out of you ... plus weeks on the road missing the loved ones. but the racing was sweet as ... all the better for my mate Greg Minnaar winning ...
so after a tough weekend of soul searching and weighing up of options i give you some photos ... http://www.flipper.co.za/gallery/FortWilliam_2008/

laters
gary
Most creative shooter on the circuit-yet again slays it. Well done Gary.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I have really enjoyed watching the races on Freecaster and would like to thank everyone involved. I am thinking it is just me, but the voice comentarry is always ahead of the Video. It can be pretty confusing. I am using wireless broad band with my lap top and patching it into my big screen. I live in the middle of no where at the moment and the broad band is all i have for a connection. I would guess it is too slow as it stops to buffer an annoying ammount.

other than that I am stoked .

Thanks all.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
hey all,

laters
gary
As always Gary you out do yourself, the light and composition and all that stuff I don't understand much about are just so good in all those shots.

The shot of the leaderboard in the foreground with the track in the distance is gold. The shots of Blinky and Sammy framed by the trees while hopping that stump are mean as too! Gold all round.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
hey all,

laters
gary
once again, after each race, when the dust settles and everything shakes out, this is the one post i look forward to most......

thanks gary, no one captures the essence of our sport as well as you do.....pure nostalgia....you're amazing

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
once again, after each race, when the dust settles and everything shakes out, this is the one post i look forward to most......

thanks gary, no one captures the essence of our sport as well as you do.....pure nostalgia....you're amazing
We should all get a room with Gary or something..........ha, solid photos rock!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Yeah Hill doesn't look very into it in any of those pictures. He may be a graceful loser and all, but you can tell it's eating him up. He's lost the last 3 weekends in a row, so I'd expect him to snap back hard any time now. Minnaar's gonna be ridiculous this year with a working shoulder.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Yeah Hill doesn't look very into it in any of those pictures. He may be a graceful loser and all, but you can tell it's eating him up. He's lost the last 3 weekends in a row, so I'd expect him to snap back hard any time now. Minnaar's gonna be ridiculous this year with a working shoulder.
It's a good race season when you know next podium you may not even see any of those faces from this week. Next week it might be:

Kovarik
Barel
Gracia
Smith
Fairclough

:brow:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I think Hill's putting a ton of effort in but he raised the level last year and forced everybody to train so much harder. I don't think he's going to be dominant this year.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
It's a good race season when you know next podium you may not even see any of those faces from this week. Next week it might be:

Kovarik
Barel
Gracia
Smith
Fairclough

:brow:
Nah, maybe just Barel and Kovarik.

-Gracia is transforming into a worldclass new era sport-commentator.
-Smith is to hot. Needs to chill with some fruitsallad.
-Fairclough is just not fast enough right now.

I´d say Kovarik. The man is do or die imporsonate. He can destroy the feel anytime he puts a run together.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I think Hill's putting a ton of effort in but he raised the level last year and forced everybody to train so much harder. I don't think he's going to be dominant this year.
He is still leading the overall. And there are some more races to come which suit his style better, so I bet he will win the last round in schladming and keep the jersey and by the way smoke everyone at Val di Sole, another great track for Sam.....

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
...'cept Peaty is FINALLY going to do it!
The only way Peat is ever going to win a World Champs is if some fan-boy of his at the UCI pulls some strings and gets the event held on the Lisbon Downtown track. And £10 says he'd manage to **** that up too :biggrin:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The new freecaster final runs are up. They include footage shot by 2 of our exclusive cameras in the woods, which TV somehow thought was a good idea to not have cameras in.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
The new freecaster final runs are up. They include footage shot by 2 of our exclusive cameras in the woods, which TV somehow thought was a good idea to not have cameras in.
you got a link?

maybe it's just me, but the most recent video I'm seeing is the interview with Greg. (posted June 11)

the run videos date from June 08 and June 09