Quantcast

Fort Williams 2018: The Lizard Rockgardening.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Agreed. They need him on payroll. Love his insights into this stuff.

As an aside, is RM aware that if you flick Cathro enough money on Patron (or whatever its called) he'll ask any pro you want, any question you want? Drunk toodles has so far not taken advantage of this, but fuck I can think of some funny shit to ask people.
Would you have been faster if you had moar shimz?

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Yeah, is anyone else feeling Red Bull have become turncoats in all this? Years ago, I honestly thought Red Bull were doing good stuff for our sport... money, exposure and therefore legitimacy. It's becoming so tightly packaged now... they're taking such control and ownership that it's really losing the "foot out, flat out" and "loose" kinda vibe that I think drew most of us to DH. It strikes me as extremely small minded to limit independent pre-event coverage. No one is NOT going to watch the main event via Red Bull because #cathrovision.
I agree they shouldn't put limitations on anyone who wants to push the sport to the masses, but its just business. Red Bull is the best thing that could have happened to this sport. The broadcasts are getting better Hopefully down the road Red Bull WC becomes as popular as Monster Energy Supercross. Would be so sick to see all the top dogs getting paid Supercross money.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
from vital : "gwin repsonded to a text about not taking a timed run, "haha, nope! feelin' good and savin' energy."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I agree they shouldn't put limitations on anyone who wants to push the sport to the masses, but its just business. Red Bull is the best thing that could have happened to this sport. The broadcasts are getting better .
as good as their broadcasts are getting, i'm starting to become skeptical about the amount of control they're starting to exert. not just on media, but some (maybe) unsubstantiated rumors that they are influencing course design to make for better coverage. also, placing more and more restrictions on smaller media outlets isn't a good thing; reeks of trying to create a monopoly.

Would be so sick to see all the top dogs getting paid Supercross money.
have you seen the house Gwin is building?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
It's Friday
So obviously it's fish tonight
as good as their broadcasts are getting, i'm starting to become skeptical about the amount of control they're starting to exert. not just on media, but some (maybe) unsubstantiated rumors that they are influencing course design to make for better coverage. also, placing more and more restrictions on smaller media outlets isn't a good thing; reeks of trying to create a monopoly.

have you seen the house Gwin is building?

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Gwin busy on calls spec'ing out that sweet house he's building. So at least the top guy is making 1990s dollars again.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Exactly.

Unsubstantiated rumours side, there is no need to create a monopoly. They can still be the big dog/bull in the fight and let the little guys do their thing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Exactly.

Unsubstantiated rumours side, there is no need to create a monopoly. They can still be the big dog/bull in the fight and let the little guys do their thing.
Kind of confusing if you ask me. At least pre-event you would think they would want to attract as much attention and hype as it is pretty much just free advertising. I could see them wanting to have sole access to the the prime event but shit seems to have gone to their heads.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Exactly.

Nah Cathro was so close to running his own WC series. They stopped him just in time.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
for a "house" there was a lot of wood. when will americans finally learn that a house is build with lasting materials like stone or concrete? nothing more than a tv set you can live in for a few years...
Us Americans are interested in "lasting" things. We want quantity over quality every time. That house is so typical. It reminds me of Tony Starks house in Iron Man. Seeing first hand how more than one top 20 WC pro lives, then seeing that house makes me sick. Not a fan.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Us Americans are interested in "lasting" things. We want quantity over quality every time. That house is so typical. It reminds me of Tony Starks house in Iron Man. Seeing first hand how more than one top 20 WC pro lives, then seeing that house makes me sick. Not a fan.
Next time on MTB Cribs: Rat boy's house boat

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Qualis live now. Dakota Norton appears to be the biggest sleeper pick ever for WC fantasy DH teams, dude is having a breakout season on the WC circuit that's for sure.

Edit: also, hope Eddie Masters qualifies, looks like he was on solid pace at the first split and had something go wrong

Last edited: