Quantcast

Fort Williams 2018: The Lizard Rockgardening.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
for a "house" there was a lot of wood. when will americans finally learn that a house is build with lasting materials like stone or concrete? nothing more than a tv set you can live in for a few years...
I hate my house built with wood, too - but there are no other options in New England. It just shows how a large part of US culture and technology still resides in the 17th century.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Nah Cathro was so close to running his own WC series. They stopped him just in time.
Makes sense as to how the fuck Singletrack Magazine (more well known for beardwax, bivvy bag and craft beer reviews) manage to be able to put out an hours shitty zero commentary footage (clearly missing the point of the likes of vital "RAW"), bullshit arselicky interviews and fairly pointless tech talk each day?

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Regarding the FC vs RB thing. Freecaster was more a sign of the times than anything.
Not like RB has never hung, stuttered, stopped at the same point if reloaded, or just plain forgot to show up before either.:rofl: At least the coverage stability is slowly getting to the acceptable level.
I agree, it does seem that RB have put out the net, and are now drawing it in. Taking too many lessons from the UCI stooges.

and most important from my point of view - technology has not gotten better nor vastly cheaper to implement complex topologies either.:clue: . It is all down to the magical RB elixir.

Thanks for letting this network design hack know that tech has not improved in the last few years. :doh:

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Us Americans are interested in "lasting" things. We want quantity over quality every time. That house is so typical. It reminds me of Tony Starks house in Iron Man. Seeing first hand how more than one top 20 WC pro lives, then seeing that house makes me sick. Not a fan.
Maybe the rest of the top 20 should hold themselves to a literal interpretation of an old book of bedouin tales that's been variously used to control populations and justify arbitrary oppression. Then they'd have nice houses too.

joeg

I have some obvious biases
Jul 20, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
Maybe the rest of the top 20 should hold themselves to a literal interpretation of an old book of bedouin tales that's been variously used to control populations and justify arbitrary oppression. Then they'd have nice houses too.
It was Jesus who said “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
It was Jesus who said “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
Nice jab from someone who’s riders live in house boats.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Martin Maes decided to race because he missed an ews round and was behind on series points anyway. What a kid.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Cecile at 38 deciding to rock up and try this DH thing and getting 5th ahead of a bunch of career DHers is pretty decent too.

Sucks about Eddie getting DQ'ed. What a load of crap.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
But why is Rock Jesus far behind in qualifying? Trouble with his carpenter?
His Carpenter may have dropped a nail.

17th in Quali with a rear puncture from 1min 30 into the run is pretty fuckin mirraculous. yo.

Looking at his splits (1st) (5th) (6th) until the motorway. That there is proof of devine intervention if ever there was. That or a pretty awesome tyre insert.

Last edited:

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
What for? What happened?

From a caption on Pinkbike:

"A crazy twist of fate today for Ed Masters, disqualified for not returning to the track at the correct point after a crash. He wasn't too worried, assuming he was protected as the number 20 plate, but under new UCI rules that wasn't the case and his race is now over. "

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Neat rule. I'm glad the guy who had the 2nd fastest first split and who's been historically successful doesn't get to race. It would have sucked to see his run, waste of my time for sure.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Scottish gawd doesn't like his 'murikan Protestant son.
John Knox (Born 5 miles from me, in 1513) reformed Scotland to be predominantly protestant.
I think you're confusing here with Ireland.

Ps. REECE FUCKING WILSON !!!!

4th!!! ... Yes!!