Quantcast

Forum order

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Personally i think it would be a good idea to move the team forums under the normal ones. They dont seem insanely popular and if u arent a member of a team all you do is have to scroll through them to (for me) DH Freeride and DJ. minor complaint but i think it would be a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yep, I agree.

Right now, though, they're new. I want people to see them. Once we get established a bit, I think they'll get shifted down.

If they bug you, you can click the little double arrow on the right side of the category listing, it'll collapse the forum so you don't have to see it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
BV, would it be possible to implement the functionality to allow each user to order the different forums and sub-forums to their individual likings? IE, allowing each member to put the forums the visit most frequently at the top of the list, and the ones the never visit at the bottom?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
There is no default way to do this in vBulletin. I just did a little checking for a plugin that would allow it, but I'm not finding anything - I have no way of implementing that kind of functionality.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There is no default way to do this in vBulletin. I just did a little checking for a plugin that would allow it, but I'm not finding anything - I have no way of implementing that kind of functionality.
Thanks for looking!

This would be a cool feature for vBulletin to implement in the future. Maybe I will write them a nice letter. :thumb:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Awesome, so I can see the Luna Chix forum that I'm not allowed to actually go to? When did we get "private" forums, and any way we can get an Industry-Only one set up? There's got to be enough insiders on here to make it work.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Awesome, so I can see the Luna Chix forum that I'm not allowed to actually go to? When did we get "private" forums, and any way we can get an Industry-Only one set up?
There's only an announcement on, you know, every single forum page... :D

If someone wants to take responsibility to manage the user group, you're welcome to try and set up an industry-only forum. I think the reality, though, is that there are a lot of people affiliated in a lot of ways to the biking industry and I honestly don't see it being a value added forum.

Frankly, though, if someone wants to request that I set it up and take responsibility as user group leader... I'm fine with it. If it becomes problematic, it's even easier to delete than it is to set up ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Team/Mfr./Venue forums are starting to grow, so I've dropped them below the Biking forums. While visibility is good, we don't want to dilute the core purpose of this site.

:thumb: