Quantcast

Found deal on ST42 High rollers.

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
Thanks for the heads up.. my favorite tire! just swooped up 4 of them even though I just put new ones on my bike.

Optimax150

Monkey
Aug 1, 2008
Japan
No problem. With today's economic times thought I would share. This the cheapest i seen these tires, ST42, and even the Maxpro 60 prices goes up and down. Funny thing is I never even bought these tires. I'm content with my Muddy Mary's. Do want to try these out but know if they will outperform the Muddy Mary's though.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
eh with all the east coast rox i figure i needs em.

but seriously, IMO 2.3 is too small for my needs. 2.5 is just about gold.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
2.7 up front can be confidence inspiring in certain situations.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
2.7 up front can be confidence inspiring in certain situations.
That was my original intention, to run a 2.7f and 2.5rr, with my older 3c in the rear...but they were such a good deal, I bought them both.

you're gonna need the extra contact area with those hayes :busted:
hurrrrr I think I have a few tricks to try out. It'll be interesting. Too bad nobody else on this forum gives two ****s about money, and they all ride tricked out carbonze frames.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hurrrrr I think I have a few tricks to try out. It'll be interesting. Too bad nobody else on this forum gives two ****s about money, and they all ride tricked out carbonze frames.
i keed i keed! i'm not on crabon fibre frames. at least for dh. used to run carbon bars for dh though. trying teh crabons on the xc wheels this year.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i keed i keed! i'm not on crabon fibre frames. at least for dh. used to run carbon bars for dh though. trying teh crabons on the xc wheels this year.
it's cool...I just think there's a lot of tech out there that people have passed over, and I'd love to give it a shot and see what you can get for less moolah. Outdated HR 1's are a pretty good representative, although I really wanted to try out $26 kenda excavators.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
it's cool...I just think there's a lot of tech out there that people have passed over, and I'd love to give it a shot and see what you can get for less moolah. Outdated HR 1's are a pretty good representative, although I really wanted to try out $26 kenda excavators.
Ill trade you Intense tires for beers and brats.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
are they intruders?
More along the lines of early Hayes Mag era. (I thought you got some saint 810s anyways?)

Some are still mounted on some Mag 30/Doubletracks, I'm curious to refresh what they even ride like.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I had 810s. Ended up selling the whole bike complete and picked up a used bike with a much better shock for a much lower price. Problem was, some of the components blow, like the hayes mags that came on it. I've been trying to get them to work well and I think I have a few tricks to do so.

I don't need the tires, I've been looking to test out intruders since drummer racing liked his so much....I just bought minions and I find I don't terribly need much besides those!

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
wow, i just saw this one on chainlove,, WTB Dissent Team DH Tire, only in 2.3 but for a whopping $22.65.
i am actually a fan of the 2.3 for a rear tire, if i remember correctly that particular tire is big knobbed and the 2.5 didnt even clear the bike after i shaved the knobs down.

Last edited: