Quantcast

found: red santa cruz blur

threedub

Chimp
May 2, 2004
this evening a red santa cruz blur with a manitou black and avid discs was brought into our charlottesville virginia bike shop and after a few minutes it became quite apparent to us that the bike had been stolen. i believe that the bike is somewhere around a 2003 model. if you know anything about who it may belong to, e-mail me the serial number or some other form of identification at wade@bodyforkarate.com. the bike is being held for a repair in our shop untill the 19th.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
What happens after the 19th? I hope somebody see's this and it is their bike. That would make them extremely happy. Because I bet someone is crying right now because they lost it.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
After talking about this with some other locals, it's obvious it was stolen.

I was thinking we (the shop) should call the cops just to get it on a police report, and tell the folks who dropped it off about the report when/if they come back to pick it up. I bet this will scare them enough that they won't even want it back. We'll keep it for a while and do as much advertising about its whereabouts as possible and go from there.

What do you all think?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Matt D said:
After talking about this with some other locals, it's obvious it was stolen.

I was thinking we (the shop) should call the cops just to get it on a police report, and tell the folks who dropped it off about the report when/if they come back to pick it up. I bet this will scare them enough that they won't even want it back. We'll keep it for a while and do as much advertising about its whereabouts as possible and go from there.

What do you all think?
Call the cops. Tell them what you have and why you think it's stolen. Ask if they've been notified of a theft that matches what you have. If they don't have anything, but the reasons for your suspicians are sound, they'll get involved. Don't wait, do this now. You can't legally deny them the bike when/if they return for it because you think it's stolen. If you have proof that it's stolen that's even more reason to go to the cops.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Good news! Santa Cruz was contacted and with the serial number they gave us the shop who bought it, the shop was contacted and they got in touch with the owner. I believe the owner is coming to pick it up.