Quantcast

Found some trails...

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
A guy at the skatepark told me where some trails were, so I went there. Nobody was around, but the jumps were rad. Me and my buddy rode for awhile, and then we put in about an hour of digging, watered everything down (there were watering cans and a creek nearby), picked up a bunch of garbage, and left a couple brewskies.

I think it's pretty safe to assume we're safe to show up when the builders are there. I mean, they couldn't possibly be upset that we cleaned the place and moved some dirt, right? Anybody care to chime in?

Oh, and the spot is well-built, with drainage, wide lips and landings, but it's not huge... yet. We want to get involved and dig there a lot. Anything else I should do?

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
Meet who owns it before you ride on it anymore.
Don't mess with any jumps unless you messed it up.

Other than that, Sounds like a sweet find!

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Sounds like you did the right thing. I wouldn't be afraid to ride if they're not around... just make sure you're respectful (leave it how it was when you got there). And be super chill if they show up when you're there.

Be careful about digging, though. I'm sure they have plans for what they want to do... make sure it's not something different. I would wait until you meet them to really do some digging.

Let's see some pics!

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Yeah, about the digging, we just fixed up the parts we messed up while getting the lines dialed, and then threw some dirt where somone else had already started. The jumps we fixed looked better than when we got there.

I've got to meet these dudes before I take any pictures. I've run into guys at secret dirt jump spots around here who will MAKE SURE you are not leaving with any pictures or video. We'll see.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I've got to meet these dudes before I take any pictures. I've run into guys at secret dirt jump spots around here who will MAKE SURE you are not leaving with any pictures or video. We'll see.

Yeah, good idea. Taking pics at somebody elses trails before you have even met them is fycking rookie dik move, and a quick way to catch a beating.

Sounds like you got your head on straight, and should have no problems shredding the schpot. Wish there were more riders with your mentality.