Quantcast

Found this on Ebay. Should I get it?

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I sure hope this is a joke... If not, then, well, you don't need it. I think it's mainly for a hardtail... sort of similar to a suspension stem. Those sucked, so I'm guessing this will too.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
Bldr_DH said:
I sure hope this is a joke... If not, then, well, you don't need it. I think it's mainly for a hardtail... sort of similar to a suspension stem. Those sucked, so I'm guessing this will too.
uummmm yeah, its a joke...:rolleyes:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
We used to sell those at our shop about 10 years ago,..... wait let me rephrase that,.... we used to carry those at our shop.

I think we might have sold one. It broke, came back and the other one sat there until I left the store a year or so later. Didn't see it when I went back to visit.

They were a joke back then...

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Don't get that. Why do you need more travel when you already have 10 inches? What makes you think that it will improve the V10? That is just crazy and it won't improve the bike whatsoever. Don't waste your money and spend that hard earned cash on some awesome components.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
aggrorider said:
Don't get that. Why do you need more travel when you already have 10 inches? What makes you think that it will improve the V10? That is just crazy and it won't improve the bike whatsoever. Don't waste your money and spend that hard earned cash on some awesome components.
We used to sell those at our shop about 10 years ago,..... wait let me rephrase that,.... we used to carry those at our shop.

I think we might have sold one. It broke, came back and the other one sat there until I left the store a year or so later. Didn't see it when I went back to visit.

They were a joke back then...
It is still a joke...

Do you guys actually think someone would seriously ask about putting one of these things on a DH rig?
:help:

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
had one of those when i was younger, bought it from the lbs for 10 bucks. like 20 showed up in a box one day with no payment or anything. it lasted forever and took some really big drops to flat

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
aggrorider said:
you my friend are horrible at picking up sarcasm.(im not being sarcastic)

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
gnurider1080 said:
you my friend are horrible at picking up sarcasm.(im not being sarcastic)
O well. With some of the other hair brain ideas I have seen on other forums I can't tell. I need to stop going to pinkbike.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know what's funniner. The Shockster, or people thinking ANYONE would even consider puting that on a bike someone on this board rides.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Actually you can :mumble: :drool: :rolleyes: all you want about the concept, but a swiss guy call Phillip perakis won the downhill world cup in 1992 with a suspension sistem very similar to this (far more primitive actually with only 2" inches of travel) made by a company call ATZ and riding on a hardtail Cilo frame outfitted with a rear suspension adaptor...

Hopefully someday we will be :mumble: :drool: :rolleyes: about some of the current designs,, actually I'm already doing it about the santa cruz super 8, the trek Y-bikes among a few others , is just matter of time until things evolve to new levels, i'm just glad i'm being around (on the side lines of the full suspension until recentlly) and i can witness the evolution of the concept and technology.

being riding MTB's for about 25 years already.