Quantcast

Found: wallet full cash...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
This was a pocketbook with $75 cash, a gas card and a debit card.

Just once I'd like to find one with cash but no ID's in it.

:monkey:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We found a wallet with about $20 and a bunch of other stuff (ID, medicare cards, receipts, etc.) in it last summer on a road ride for ice cream and found the guy to return it. It was obvious that he didn't have much and he tried to give me the cash as a reward :confused: I told him to use it to treat his kids/grandkids??? (3 of them) to an ice cream on a hot summer day. He was nothing short of grateful and it was priceless for my daughter to see a good deed.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Good for you. I would have wrestled with my conscience, but would have done the same as you.
Exactly.

Each year I work at a big concert/outdoor party where everyone gets totally sh:monkey:tfaced. Every year I find a bunch of crap people leave behind (cell phones, wallets, digital cameras, etc), and I've always turned the items over to the cops without question. This year was the motherload - I found all of the above, including a wallet with nearly $500 cash in it, CCs, ID, etc. Seeing the 21 yr old out-of-towner ID and knowing the nature of their visit, I'm pretty confident that money was for nothing but drugs and alcohol. Little bit of internal struggle this time turning it over to the cops, but maybe the money was for his grandma's meds....and karmas a bitch.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think $14 fell out of my jersey pocket when riding on Rte 250 near Crozet by the I-64 interchange. If anyone found it please PM me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I make a pretty good living out of finding folks wallets. Or at least I did until the cops came snooping around. I guess you can't find a wallet when it is still on a person. Thats called something else. I really need to find a better way to get my aggressions out that I can make a living off of. I need some 9mm shells as they won't sell you them without some sort of permit. That and the guy behind the counter is a big meany and doesn't believe me when I hand him that note from my Mother like when I was a little kid to buy cigarettes for her. he sucks and I am hoping to find his wallet someday.......