Quantcast

Four oh what???

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
So, a customer came in today and has a set of 404s that have tubes. I glued a new tire the other day and a couple of rides later he punctured. He asked about wheels and I asked what he would take for them. He said he just wanted wheels that he could ride. He asked about Neuvations and I stated I only had my used SL3s. He said he wanted to trade. Guess who just scored race wheels that will never get raced??? :brows:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Damn. Good score.

I still have yet to flat on my tubies. I love running them high. 130psi+ is so fast. zoom zoom.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
So you basically ripped a fellow cyclist off? Nice going.
I was perfectly willing to pay him for them. He will be hooked up for a long time on stuff. I know how back scratching works. Not that I need to justify myself, but I have passed along many good things to others along the way. It just appears that it came back to me this time.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
I rode these things 101 miles this morning, and another 19 this evening. When riding fast I can feel the difference in acceleration. I would kill to ride them without 25 mph cross winds though. All in all, nice wheels.