Quantcast

four wives...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
You could try the political forum. I bet it would get deleted there too.

Or you could just forward it to 25 of your friends and wait for something good to happen to you.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
wait a minute. im confused. how is this worse than the jehova witness/morman hating. this didnt have anything directly to do with religion anyways. it was an inspirational piece. you want me to change the word god to echo?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
there is this better?

Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a moderator named ECHO who had four favorite wives. He had other, less important wives, of course, but it was these particular four over which he doted.

Loving his fourth wife most of all, he lavished much attention on her, adorning her with richness and finery. He treated her to the finest delicacies and provided her with the best of that which could be had. He indulged her appetites and catered to her whims. She wanted for nothing.

He did, however, also love his third wife very much, and so he gave substantial attention to her demands, even when, at times, it would call him away from his attentions to the fourth wife. In a very real sense, she was, for him, the ultimate measure of his status in his world. His deepest fear was that she did not love him, and so would, someday, leave him for another.

His second wife knew him best, and was always there for him, even if she was not his top love. The sultan loved her because she was his confidant whenever he needed her, but she never really got in the way of his attention to the demands of the two uppermost wives. Her own needs were always reasonable and patient and she would help him get through the most difficult of times.

The sultan’s first wife was a very loyal partner; she had been with him from the beginning; and she had made quiet but fundamental contributions to the achieving of his wealth and his kingdom. He, however, took her for granted, and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her.

One day the monarch fell ill, and he knew his time was short. He thought of his privileged life and wondered, "I do have four wives with me now, but when I die, I will be all alone!"

So he addressed the fourth wife: "I have loved you the most, endowed you with the best, and focused the most attention on you. Now that I am dying, will you follow me and remain with me?" "That won't be possible," said the fourth wife, and she stepped back out of immediate view. The starkness of her answer cut like a sharp knife right into his heart.

The shaken man addressed his third wife: "I have lovingly catered to you all of my life. Now that I am dying, will you follow me and remain with me?" "No,” said the third wife. "I will stay with you now; but when you die, I will go on to someone else." She stayed vigilantly within his view so that his heart sank and his blood began to run cold.

Desperately he addressed the second wife: "I have always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me. Now that I am dying, will you follow me and remain with me?" “I'm so sorry; I cannot go with you," replied the second wife. "But I will walk with you to your grave." Her disconcerting answer unleashed such a wave of fear within that he was devastated.

Then a quavering voice spoke quietly: “I'll go with you; I'll be with you no matter where you go.” The devastated man looked up, and there was the first wife. Emaciated by years of inattention and neglect, she did, nevertheless, come to stand right by him and take his hand. Slowly, a glimmer of understanding came into his eyes, and sorrowfully he began to cry....

Now, in truth, all of us have these four “wives,” or relationships, in our lives. (Each relationship progressively moves outward from an inner purview to an outer purview....)

-Our fourth “wife” is our physical body. No matter how much attention and effort we lavish on it, in trying to keep it looking good, it will stay behind and decay when we die.

Our third “wife” is our material possessions (our wealth), and of how one uses them to establish status. But when we die, not a bit of it goes with us, and it will all go to others.

Our second “wife” is our kinfolk (family and friends). No matter how much they may have been there for us, the farthest they can go with us is up to the edge of our grave.

Our first “wife” is our soul. Our soul is often neglected in pursuit of the things of this world. Our soul, however, is the only possession of this life that will follow us wherever we go, so doesn't it make sense that we should give it first priority in our lives??

Then we must cultivate, strengthen, and cherish it now, for it is the only part of us that will follow us to the throne of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, and continue with us throughout Eternity