Quantcast

Fox 1.5-1.125" steerer tube (E2?)

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Is the Fox 36 available in the 1.5 lower to 1.125" upper steerer tube design like the Trek Remedies with the E2 head tube setup?

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Not sure on the availability, but I like the idea. I think I also saw a pic of a Totem from the Taiwan show with the same type of steerer tube.

toby

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Yea it seems like it will be just as tough as the 1.5" steerer tube and best of all, it will allow me to have a use for my existing 1.125" stem and headset on a different frame when I change to an integrated headset and integrated stem.

Sep 12, 2004
no you cannot buy this fork - unless you buy it along with a complete trek remedy bike

that was a special for trek only deal

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Even if you could buy this fork, what frame would you put it on?
I guess you could get creative and frankenstein a headset, but then you'd be better off just buying a 1.5 stem.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
What is the advantage over a 1.5" steer tube?
There are a few advantages for me if I were to buy a 6.6 Slopestyle.

I have a Socom w/ a Fox 40, FSA Orbit Xtreme Pro 1.5r headset and Easton Havoc 1.125" stem. I want to lower the bars on my Socom a bit and I can do so by getting an FSA Orbit Z 1.5r headset and I want to get an integrated stem/upper crown setup. Once doing that I will have a barely used $100 headset and $80 stem that I won't have a use for.

Then I'll be able to use the FSA Orbit Z 1.5r headset and integrated stem/crown on my socom and use the Easton Havoc stem and FSA Orbit Xtreme Pro 1.5r headset on the Slopestyle by only having to remove a spacer on the lower headset cup.

So the main thing is to save $180 because I might be able to buy a Slopestyle this summer, but it's a stretch. The other is that I like the Easton stem but it isn't available in a 1.5".