Quantcast

Fox 36 27.5-29 and grip 2 conversion

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Looking to upgrade my current evil insurgent to either a trail pistol or SB130 and looking at fork options. I currently have a push tuned fox 36 factory fit4 with the acs3 kit installed at 160mm and was wondering if I can order new 29 in lowers for it? The current fork is 44mm offset I believe, which should work with either bike and fox makes 44mm offset 29's. Anyone have part numbers for what all is needed? Also is it worth it to swap in the grip2 damper, or is there something better out there for the $$$?

My push 11.6 will be migrating with the bike as well, have been impressed with the shock thus far and its in need of a service so they can fit it to either frame once the decision has been made.

Thanks!

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Don't have the part numbers, but I believe the offset is in the CSU. My 29er Fox 36 160mm came in 51mm offset. Just as the all the hype began with this reduced offset thing, I found a 27.5 CSU with 46mm offset. It was plug-n-play.

I also have the ACS3 and Push'd RC2 damper... don't switch it. I've found a new appreciation for it since I put the fork on a Megatower.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Even Dexter buys a 29er. I'm out. I'll be at the bar. It's over.
I know, I know.... my local trails are far more suited to a short travel 29'r than a rough and rowdy 27.5. Boise has essentially dumbed down every possible feature on the trails and wagon wheels make more sense. World is ending woo, dark times

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
you can come hide in the nc mountains woo. there's plenty of moonshine and you'll avoid the crush of virus-laden urbanites seeking the only open slopes that just got the pow.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Hey I'm self isolating by working from home in the mountains of western NC too.

My still is looking good and hasn't blown up, so that's a plus