Quantcast

Fox 36 Owners...

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Hey all...

Been awhile since I've posted in here.

I'm struggling to get my Fox Float 36 setup. It's been a b1tch!

I am 200lbs and ride "pretty aggressivly" by most peoples' standard in the general Grand Junction area.

For a 6" fork, it sure does feel harsh as **** over small/medium hits. My Vanilla 120 tracked better than this does over little stuff.

If I lower the air pressure from 70psi (what I usually use) the fork seems to ride too low in its travel and blow through most of it's travel very easily...although I still don't bottom. The last 1" of travel is barely useable. (although when I let all air pressure out I can cycle the full 160mm)

Let me know any thoughts/help!!

Even considering converting to a Vanilla if this is possible......
-Jeff-

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
are you riding like dh or more like trail/xc, a friend has a coil 36 i guess vanilla/ and is used on an sx trail as a mini dh bike and he weighs around 140 lbs and people talked him out of the air, that may be an indicator of sorts, i am 220 and like coils, try to do the conversion i am not sure if it is possible though but as far as adjustments u have low and high speed compression and rebound, low speed will be for low speed impacts ie small stuff, and drops high speed is like rock gardens and square hits where a lot of oil is displaced quickly but again air is generally not as plush in most peoples opinions as coils are also at 200 lbs air for more than just xc may not be the best i may have told you things you already know but hopefully something was helpful or sparked more thought