Quantcast

Fox 36/Push ACS3/Grip2 (first generation) harshness

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Any recommendations for settings on this set up? I'm about 225lbs and can't seem to find the sweet spot. Sag is correct, just seems harsh on root/rock sections. I've heard more negative remarks about the original Grip2 than positive. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and what is needed to get more suppleness.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
the grip 2 non vvc, has a slightly degressive character, but its actually capible of making damping unlike the GRIP 2 VVC. and if you back the HSC adjuster off too far the shims will float, and it will make NO compression damping.
this happens somewhere around or after 12 clicks from closed on HSC if i recall correctly.
id say 12HSC and dial LSC to taste.
on the rebound 5-6HSC, maybe 4 if youve got a stout spring. LSC 5 or 6.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
the grip 2 non vvc, has a slightly degressive character, but its actually capible of making damping unlike the GRIP 2 VVC. and if you back the HSC adjuster off too far the shims will float, and it will make NO compression damping.
this happens somewhere around or after 12 clicks from closed on HSC if i recall correctly.
id say 12HSC and dial LSC to taste.
on the rebound 5-6HSC, maybe 4 if youve got a stout spring. LSC 5 or 6.
Cool, I'll play around with those settings. Seems like you have a good grasp on the Grip2 damper. Getting similar response with my 2020 40, running about 84lbs and have the recommended settings from Fox, but once again still harsh. Any suggestions there?

Thanks for all your help!!!!!

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Cool, I'll play around with those settings. Seems like you have a good grasp on the Grip2 damper. Getting similar response with my 2020 40, running about 84lbs and have the recommended settings from Fox, but once again still harsh. Any suggestions there?

Thanks for all your help!!!!!
try opening that HSR up.