Quantcast

Fox 36 Talas to Van?

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
Okay, so I have a newer Talas RC2 and I would like to throw a coil in it. I have all the parts from another beat Van and I pulled the talas cartridge, but when I put the top out spring portion in the new lowers the fork does not extend enough. When pulled to full extension it only shows about 155mm of stanchion.

Anyone know what's going on? Is there something in the bottom of the leg preventing the top out spring portion from positioning correctly?

SuPaFlY

Chimp
Jan 7, 2005
Toronto
first why do you want to go to coil? For a bit more you can go float. Lighter, more adjustability, similar feel to a coil, theres no reason to go to a van. I have talked many out of doing this and have had a few do it anyways, they end up regretting and then its too late to change it back to a talas or float. Also, did you get the lower spring perch? If you are using the talas lower seal as a perch, they are much thicker.

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
I would go float if I had internals to do so, but I don't. I do have coil internals.

I think the lower seal is the problem. Can I pull it out of the Talas leg and put the coil perch in there? Thanks for the info.

Is the perch removable from the left leg?

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
switched the parts in the lower left leg and am good to go.

I forgot how sick coil springs feel! Now I just need to put one on the back and I am back in plush land.

No more inconsistent, over heating, stiction filled air shocks for me!