Quantcast

fox 40 RC2 (Fit) compression knob stuck

PJivan

Monkey
Aug 27, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
as a title is it ever happen to you?

I didn't ride the fork since months, and the last time i turned the High speed compression all in...now it's pretty stuck any suggestion?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I haven't seen them get stuck before unless they were overtightened against their limits, but I'd go for a ride to cycle the internal damper spring, then remove the adjuster knobs and turn the flats on the HS part of the adjuster manually (with some leverage) to break it free. Take care when removing as there are 2 balls under the HS adjuster and springs under each ball.

This assumes you have the invert FIT damper with compression adjusters on top, but the process would be similar for the bottom - remove adjusters and force it. There's not much else you can do unless you want to go to the trouble if disassembling the entire damper - which is fairly complicated and requires a Fox clamp set.

To avoid the problem in future, back off adjusters slightly in the opposite direction if you are running them at the extreme maximum or minimum setting.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Wife's compression knobs stuck on her fork, as Udi suggests, just force it, it's either gonna go or it isn't. If it isn't, something is wrong anyway.

My wife's were both turned all the way out to the - side, I added one click on each to avoid it sticking in the future.