Quantcast

Fox 40 rc2 Old VS new

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
How does the new 40 with the fit cartridge compare to the previous version???? I know its supposed to have much better damponning, adjustability, bottom control, and reliability, but can people verify that this is actually true????
I'm seriously thinking of trying one, but its a pricey piece of kit to a chance on.

cheers

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I'm surprised there's nobody with some insight on this. There's gotta be some monkeys on the new 40 who also had an older version to compair to.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
I'm surprised there's nobody with some insight on this. There's gotta be some monkeys on the new 40 who also had an older version to compair to.
yes you can feel the adjusemtns better than the years previous. I cant really feel a diff between one click of compression, 3or4 and stuff starts to happen. When there are like 17 clicks, thats not a big deal for me. Feels like it takes longer to break in.

If you want more low speed then get the fork. If not, no reason in upgrading.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I liked my '06 better than my '08, but my new ('10) one with the FIT cartridge more better than both of the previous ones. There was a thread not too long ago in this here forum that goes into copious amounts of detail about the differences in years of the Fox 40 - try a search and it should turn up.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
I've ridden an 08 and own an 06... other than wishing my 06 rode a little higher in the travel I have no complaints. I figured I would try and get the 06 re-shimmed and put in the upgraded bladder since it is in great shape and got new lowers this year. It may not get me where I want to be but I figure it is a $150 experiment rather than a new $1600 fork. Might be a cheaper option for you as well if you already have the older fork.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I'm running a 07 888sl, and love it, but its had 3 good years on it and I want something new. I'm not a fan of the new Marz stuff, and I don't trust the new boxxers. Now that The 40 has a new damponning system (among other things)it seems to be the way to go.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I'm running a 07 888sl, and love it, but its had 3 good years on it and I want something new. I'm not a fan of the new Marz stuff, and I don't trust the new boxxers. Now that The 40 has a new damponning system (among other things)it seems to be the way to go.
as does the new 888 EVO