Quantcast

Fox 40 RC2 Q's

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
So i was finishing putting together my DH rig last night and had a quick question about the Fox 40RC2.
I don't have much experience with Fox forks, are they usually pretty good about haveing the correct amount of oil in forks from the factory? I know Marzocchi is horrible about this stuff, not sure if its an industry conspiracy.

Also i have heard that the springs in the RC2 are a really light wt (I don't mean physical weight) spring so they blow through their travel quickly and bottom. Anyone have to change their springs out? You guys that did swap them out, are you on the heavier side?

I haven't ridden it yet so i'm sure the first ride or so will tell me everything, but i was curious on others experiences.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I always make it a point to check the oil in all new forks. Whether or not Fox is good about it, doesn't mean a tech might not be having a bad day - and frankly, I'd rather not tear apart a $40 set of seals in my first ride, let alone anything else that could be damaged by not being lubricated.

Can't help the rest of your questions, sorry :) - just wanted to mention before someone says, "Fox is good about that stuff, ignore it."

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
The fox 40 isn't open bath. They just put a small amount of light weight oil in each leg for lubrication. You'll notice if you don't have oil because your fork will feel like ****.