Quantcast

Fox 40 RC2 World Cup edition

Nicoco

Chimp
Aug 24, 2009
Hi guys,

I would like to have your feedback about this fork... does it work much better than the normal fox 40??

Do you know if we can find some of those forks for sale? (In the US)

thanks for your help!! and sorry for the mistakes...I'm french!!

Cheers:thumb:

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Its basically a 40RC2 with a heaver compression tune and i believe you use a higher spring rate with it, if your not hitting stuff extremely hard and fast, i cant see it being that much use really.

Nicoco

Chimp
Aug 24, 2009
ok, thanks for your answer... I'm actually using the new boxxer 2010 (team), but I'm discouraged of this fork!! I sent it for the warranty, they'll change the compression and rebound cartridges.... I'll see then if it's really better but if it's not I'll sale it and change for a... fox 40 or new 888 Ti, I'll see...

Some of my friends don't like the 40 because there is only few quantity of oil in the cartridge...

Don't know what to do in fact!! but I really like the fox 40.... esthetically speaking mainly!! I never really tried it...

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Id stick with your boxxer, once sorted, the teams will be fantastic forks, ive ridden a friends, its amazing, i rode 40RC2's for almost a year, and they were awesome yes, i had to sell them though sadly, and am not on a '10 boxxer race which has nothing on a 40.

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
A friend of mine is riding one of these.
Basically a regular 40 with a slightly heavier compression tune and a firm ti spring in it stock.

When he ordered his about a month ago there were 15 left,just so you know.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I ride one of the 40WC and it is a very nice fork. The compression levels are slightly higher and provides a nice usable range of compression. You can run the fork pretty firm and many people think my fork is too firm when they car park test it. I think those forks are sick. I would run it over a Boxxer. I run the blue spring and full compression damping, btw.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Has anyone cracked these open to see what the stacks are for the firmer compression tune? Inquiring minds want to know...

Nicoco

Chimp
Aug 24, 2009
Thanks you for feedbacks guys!! I can't find a fox40 WC here in France.... we can find some in the US but I'm affraid of the customs duty once it'll arrive in France... don't really know what to do!!

But I really would like to try the fox! a friend of mine gave my an old boxxer WC, works great but too soft....

Or I can check for a second hand.... but it's gonna be a fox 40 rc2 normal, can be good too!

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
I have a 40WC and it works great. I weigh 175 and have a green ti spring and compression settings soft, opposite to BUKOW's setup.

The slower you go, more the fork beat's the SH*T out of you. At faster speeds the fork feels amazing.

Last edited:

Ho_La

Chimp
Sep 27, 2009
SF Bay Area
I've ran the WC 40 for 10months, it's a good fork. It's setup is definitely a bit firmer than a stock 40. The fork performs well. The faster you go the better it feels. I weight 190lbs and feel that the fork feels a tad harsh sometimes, but with the blue spring it's too soft. Personally I don't feel that the highspeed compression adjustments really do much, rather the range seems fairly narrow. I recently got a BOS Idylle RaRe, and I have to say that it is the most awesome fork I've ridden in the past 10years. I personally feel it outperforms my 40 in steering precision and definitely dampening performance. It's a 1/4 lb heavier but that's alright for me. If you imagine a 2007 888 rc2x and a ccdb mating you would get the BOS fork. My reccomendation is that if you live in france, get a BOS fork!!!!

Nicoco

Chimp
Aug 24, 2009
yup

I finally got a normal 40 rc2 from 2008 which was modified... I think it's a good choice to try this fork, it would be stupid to buy a new one, I prefer try it before!

Also, I'll wait for new boxxer V3 then, I'll make my final choice! My boxxer V1 is in after sale services... should be better then!

I hope I'll try a bos one day! but it's a very expansive fork, quite heavy, and I saw a lot of riders riding this fork and/or schok... they were all like beginners! I think this is more a fashion mark... but maybe it works great! That's why I would like to try one, to make my own opinion ;)

Cheers for feedbacks guys!