Quantcast

Fox 40 trouble shooting

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
For the past few weeks the damponning of my 2010 40 had felt different.......after 3 days of abuse at the MT. Tremblant CC. I inquired with my LBS, who inquired with OGC (Fox distributor in Canada) They said the damponner simply needed a blead. My LBS orderred the crush washers. The fork still felt great, just a little sloppy at the very beginning of the stroke. I continued to ride the fork and the damponning completely f^cked off yesterday. Can anybody tell me if bleading the cartridge is still all thats needed or is something else going on here. Basically the rebound is completely gone and its a poggo stick.
I've got a race in less then 2 weeks so I'm hopping it just needs the regular service completed.

cheers

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Any time you bleed the cartridge it's a good idea to use a new bladder along with the crush washers. Those things go out all the time, and they're the #1 point of failure on the 40 dampers. I guess I'd consider re-using a bladder if it had very low hours on it, but it's kinda like changing the oil filter with the engine oil on your car.

New bladder and re-bleed and you should be good to go. They're usually ~$10 from Fox.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The LBS should've changed the bladder as part of the bleed. Service fail.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
it's hard to tell from his post, but it sounds like the shop hasn't done the service yet.
You're correct. They haven't done the service yet. We're waiting for the parts......washers and bladder. Then the service will be completed with a new bladder.

cheers

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Bleeding is easy and you should learn to do it yourself.
I have reused the old bladder many times. Even the older ones that were harder to bleed.