Quantcast

Fox 40 - WorldCup ed. Cartridges available?

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
Wondering here if anyone knows.
I smashed the Compression dial adjuster clean off my Fox 40's. I understand you can get a standard replacement one pretty easily.

Id like to replace it with the same worldcup cartridge. Does anyone know where I would find one?
Im used to the settings on this cartridge so think its better than having to try out settings on a different cartridge all over again.
Or maybe I can just replace the dial at the bottom??

Last edited:

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Why do you want the world cup edition? do you feel you are hitting large enough things at high enough speed to warrant making you fork well 'ard?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Why do you want the world cup edition? do you feel you are hitting large enough things at high enough speed to warrant making you fork well 'ard?

read the post again...

the guy is looking to replace the parts he broke with the parts he bought...

fox sold limited "WC" forks last year, ones that they stated had a slightly firmer compression tune.

go read DW's post on being positive instead of trying to call a guy out that you dont even know for doing /wanting something you made up :thumb:

to the original poster....

broken parts and inquiries such as your should be taken direct to a manufacturer. posting on the internet will get you nothing but your time wasted sifting through all the BS

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
Cheers lads I will give the manufacturer a shot.
I haven't been lucky with responses from lots of manufacturers on other products, so I tried here. I should give them a shot though ,.... email sent.

Note to manufacturers..... you should get a threaded email support software system like kayako.com or something, its easy to install and excellent at managing email support.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Im pretty sure The WC edition shares the exact same parts but the valving is different. I've worked on both regular and WC forks and they all look the same to me but the WC has noticeably more compression...

Also I dont need you'll need to replace the cartridge ( unless if you REALLY ****ed it up ), you should be alright with a new compression "shaft"

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
thanks tuumbaq, yeah the fork is working fine, I have been riding it for a while now no probs just cant adjust it. It sounds like maybe i will be able to replace the shaft like you say.