Quantcast

Fox Concept Store

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Just bouncing ideas around, but is there a store that only sells Fox gear and clothing? If one existed would it make sense outside of bike/moto shops? What do you guys think?

Thanks

Edit: Fox as in F.R.I not Fox Shox.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Can't you could buy Fox gear from their site?

I thought 90% of the people who wore Fox clothing didn't bike/moto?

<edit> http://shop.foxracing.com
That 90% might be true, hence my thinking of it not being linked to bike or moto shops. And you can buy anything online... Im a need it now kind of guy and I dont like waiting for **** to arrive in the mail, just seeing if anyone else is with me on this one.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is a shop in Hillsboro that sells fake Fox gear, does that count? I bought a ton of skate company shirts there for $5 each a while back. I fail to understand why a $5 T-shirt carries a $25 price tag in a motorcycle shop just because it has a Fox logo printed on it.

Did Fox re-engineer a better t-shirt?

karmapolice

Chimp
Nov 3, 2007
Marietta, GA
There was already an idea like this but it was no fear I believe and they had them in malls and it failed after awhile. It&#8217;s a very bad idea to limit your self to one brand with in a small enough market as it is. I mean the bike market is big not big enough on its own to where you could have one brand only and I know fox is big buy itself but people can order it directly probably and then there are tons of retail stores that aren&#8217;t sport affiliated that sell fox brand street clothes so your not likely going to draw in any portion of the non sport market customers but would probably get some sport ones but at the same time they probably have access to street and sport fox wear from the places they get other bike related or other sport related stuff. If that makes sense.

karmapolice

Chimp
Nov 3, 2007
Marietta, GA
I fail to understand why a $5 T-shirt carries a $25 price tag in a motorcycle shop just because it has a Fox logo printed on it.

Did Fox re-engineer a better t-shirt?
Because they are trying to be designerish, they want to be like dolce and gabbana not what they started off as. I mean it’s like karma loop some cool shirts but ****ing 60 bucks for a damn t-shirt? I mean come on, I am all about supporting independent less corporate companies but at the same time I see a lot of price gouging with in those markets.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
There are a couple of malls here in Denver that have an Oakley store, and man am I a total whore for that stuff. The idea DOES work.

On point: I think a Fox-owned Fox store would probably do really well, the brand has enough legs on it that they (Fox) could make a solid go of it. I'm not sure that a Fox-only store NOT owned/operated by Fox would do well, but who knows. I think that No Fear failed because they just aren't a large enough/diverse enough brand, honestly. Fox has entire lines of casual wear, denim, optics, women's and girls stuff... you get the point. Plus, a Fox (owned) store could also offer "outlet" type stuff, like last year's leftovers and that sort of whatnot. It could be a smart move for them.

However, if Fox were to do that they would also run the risk of pissing off their regular retail stores, by essentially competing directly with them.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
However, if Fox were to do that they would also run the risk of pissing off their regular retail stores, by essentially competing directly with them.
Like Apple Stores and Best Buy, etc.? As long as pricing is controlled by Fox, there should be plenty of pie for all.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I saw a Fox store somwhere North of LA when I was out there for business. I was all excited thinking there were going to be forks and stuff but it ended up just being uniforms for douche bags.