Quantcast

fox dhx air on a demo nine 9.5 3.0

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
hey, i know that fox doesent make the ones that fit the d8 8.75 2.75, but here is one i would like to see how it would work on my demo nine. it is a 9.5 3.0, would it suck on a demo, or would it be good, i am leaning towards getting a dhx 5.0, all this will be next year btw.
I am broke as of now haha. yeah just any opiinions would be great, i know the leverage ratio may be too strong, but hey, they made one to fit it, so why not?
http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-FOX-DHX-AIR-NEW-3-stroke-9-5-lenght_W0QQitemZ7192344842QQcategoryZ42317QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I don't know how the shock would work but I would use extreme caution with that seller. The seller has a lot of negative feedback in the last two weeks.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i just put a dhx air on my orange 223 and im lovin it. the only shock i would like to try over this would be a canecreek or that showa on the honda.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Salami said:
I don't know how the shock would work but I would use extreme caution with that seller. The seller has a lot of negative feedback in the last two weeks.
true but it seems he may have a stalker...D

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I'm curious how they will work for a bigger rider like myself. It's a little discerning thinking that you could get stuck in the middle of the nowhere pushing because of a blown shock. At least you can still ride out a DHX spring version.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i wouldn't reccomend for anyone over 200#

the shock works great for everything, but make sure that you go a bit softer in the front fork because if you have a stiff front fork the shock will be taking all the load and just blow through its travel cause it lacks mid stroke damping. if the front fork is too hard it can also feel like a really raked out bike because you will be getting like 40% sag in the back while the front barly moves. changing the headanlge dramaticly if the suspension is unbalanced

Y

yos1s25

whats so good about the DHX AIR?
whatmakes it better than any other coil shock?

Y

yos1s25

in the fox site it said that the:
dhx coil is 400 grams
dhx air is 450 grams

so?
what weight lost?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Last August I talked to James at Go-Ride about this. I'm a Demo 8 owner and wanted to upgrade my rear shock and save some weight. I noticed that Fox wasn't making the DHX Air in the 2.75 x 8.75 length, so I asked what the deal was. Apparently, with certain leverage designs the Air has some problems. What they were I can't remember, but this was Fox's reasoning behind it.

I have seen the DHX Air on some M3's at races (like the one I saw at the Norba Finals in VT. last August) but other than that, haven't seen many on DH rigs.