Quantcast

fox DHX air

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey what do you guys think about the dhx air do you think people will be switching over for 06

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
haha yeah that would be a problem have you ever tried one before, it is like the coil but with the adjustability of an air shock

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I like a coil, becasue if the damper (oil/air) leaks, there is still a spring so you don't have to ride back bottomed out.

An air shock is so light though. I think a lot of racers (that have there shocks maintained all the time) will be using them next season.

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
i think that patrick is wrong.....i think that it wont leak oil or air because its meant for dh HENCE the DHX (down hill extreme) well i thinkits extreme at the end im not sure

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
DH SB RIDER said:
i think that patrick is wrong.....i think that it wont leak oil or air because its meant for dh HENCE the DHX (down hill extreme) well i thinkits extreme at the end im not sure
What are you thinking :confused:. There are lots of things for dh that have problems : such as frames cracking, or even gloves with low durability.Just because its meant for dh, doesn't mean its perfect.

Like I said before, I think more racers will be using them. I could easily see it on a bike like a scott nitrous.

Don't talk about anything related/having to do with biking, because you always say completely stupid things. :nuts:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
If I keep my frame that I have to sell (even though I don't want to), I'll be trying a DHX. Mainly because of the weight savings and the fact I can adjust it myself.

My back up option (I'll have to run fitting tests when the time comes) is the Fox MXR Air shock that they just released for 50cc bikes.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
mtnbrider said:
WOw, thats cool, I never thought, they would be puting air shocks on 50's.
It's cheaper ($300) but the compression damping adjustment is internal and it's valving is adjustable. I have no idea though how it would compare to the DHX Air. I might as well stick with the DHX Air since it's made for mountain bikes.

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
I have just put one onto my Cannonade Gemini DH. The main reason I brought it was to save some weight.

When I fitted it I was also surprised at how well it worked. I didn’t think there would be any big performance changes but it does work a lot better than the 6 way I was running before. I don’t know if its because you can play around with the air pressure and get the sag just right.

It also doesn’t ramp up at all, in fact I have screwed the boost valve adjuster in most of the way so it dose ramp up a bit near the end of the stroke.

Sep 29, 2004
mtnbrider said:
What are you thinking :confused:. There are lots of things for dh that have problems : such as frames cracking, or even gloves with low durability.Just because its meant for dh, doesn't mean its perfect.

Like I said before, I think more racers will be using them. I could easily see it on a bike like a scott nitrous.

Don't talk about anything related/having to do with biking, because you always say completely stupid things. :nuts:
granted he says stupid things, i think he might not be all wrong here... if it does say dhx there is the chance fox designed it to be more durable... and usually fox puts a lot of r&d into their products, so , my e-soeculation is tha tthis could be a pretty tough product

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i wouldn't mine trying one aside from the weight savings air springs seem to give a very supple ride in the future i wanna get an air shock out back and a boxxer world cup up front.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey patrik i will bet 100 dolors that oliver and i know more thing about biking than you ever would

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
zmtber said:
hey patrik i will bet 100 dolors that oliver and i know more thing about biking than you ever would
Take your gay bickering elsewhere.

zmtber said:
they are going to ake them from 4-9 inches of travel i believe
BTW, it's the frame that has the 4"-9" of travel...not the shock. Plus, there are frames out there that have more than 9" of travel that can use the DHX Air.

So much for you knowing more about bikes.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
$100 would be nice, but what would we do? Have someone at velo sport bike shop quiz us on bike stuff? :p lol

It would probably be better if you left this forum and permanently went here

The pvc pipe stanchion protector, that I half jokingly suggested would work very well while looking wierd.

......"Shut Up And Ride" Cambria Bicycle Outfiters since 1986 (basicly shutup and go ride your bike. You are not contributing or asking for help with things decently. You are worrying way too much about what is on your bike than what you can do on your bike. Here's the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out. :heart:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
mtnbrider said:
The pvc pipe stanchion protector, that I half jokingly suggested would work very well while looking wierd.
It's been done before on inverted forks...doesn't look great but it works. It's not a stupid suggestion especially if someone is desperate since that fork costs a lot.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
ChrisRobin said:
Take your gay bickering elsewhere.

BTW, it's the frame that has the 4"-9" of travel...not the shock. Plus, there are frames out there that have more than 9" of travel that can use the DHX Air.

So much for you knowing more about bikes.
hey chek out foxracingshox.com and you will find out that they aren't making them much bigger

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I've never even posted on pink bike. I signed up to see peoples email addresses in the buy and sell area. If I do start posting on there, why would you care?

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey so what do you guys think about having the dhx air on my stinky-deelux

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Wow. Just, wow. All of these Pinkbike-esque threads make me cry. I think I'm gonna have to figure out the ignore function.