Quantcast

fox dhx mounting hardware

Apr 10, 2007
Hopefully someone will know the answer to this :redface:

I bought a new take-off dhx from a guy who had it originally on a demo. The shock didn't come with mounting hardware, so I had my lbs order up the kit from fox. When we installed the du bushing into the shock eye we noticed it could be pressed in by hand. The mechanic said the bushings should be extremely tight and go in only with a press, otherwise it will wear out really fast and develop play. First, should I be concerned about it? The guy said fox only makes 1 bushing, so its not like I could order a larger size and press it in. Is it possible the shock eye is out of tolerance?

Also, I guess Demo's use a through-rod instead of the bushing, which is why it didn't have it in the first place. Does fox make an OEM version of the dhx for the demo with a slightly larger eye? I didn't think so, but figured someone here would know for sure. Thanks guys!

Apr 10, 2007
the bushing is probably worn
It should have been brand new (out of the lbs parts bin) but maybe I'll see if I can get my hands on another one and see how that one fits. When everything is mounted there's not play when I lift up on the seat, but I guess we'll see how long that lasts

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
It should have been brand new (out of the lbs parts bin) but maybe I'll see if I can get my hands on another one and see how that one fits. When everything is mounted there's not play when I lift up on the seat, but I guess we'll see how long that lasts
Not quite brand new, its a take off, depending on how long it was actually installed on a bike, and how brutal the guy removing the reducers was in the first place, the DU bushing just may be a little misshaped. I wouldnt worry too much about it, you should be fine. What bike is it going on?

Apr 10, 2007
Not quite brand new, its a take off, depending on how long it was actually installed on a bike, and how brutal the guy removing the reducers was in the first place, the DU bushing just may be a little misshaped. I wouldnt worry too much about it, you should be fine. What bike is it going on?
Thanks guys, that helps. I'll keep an eye out for play and replace with an actual new bushing when the time comes. It's going on a rebuilt 06 Iron Donkey Kumicho that was my spring project. I stripped it down and had it powder coated, and got some new shiny bits for it.