Quantcast

fox dhx5 making squishy sound

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
my shock is making a loud squishy sound, as if i could clearly hear the oil going thru the orifices.. its very loud.

i believe this noise was there since i bought the bike
is this normal? it does not leak oil btw.

Last edited:

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
I thought this thread was a joke... No offense but are you serious ?

Your shock is fine, nothing to worry about...the louder the betta !!!!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This makes your analyses of rockshox suspension faults so much clearer now :rofl:

To be serious for a moment though: That noise is no joke. It's typically a sign of aliens from other universes trying to open up portals in time to assassinate your gerbils (yes, they know about those). You'll need to bring a 40lb bag of coca to your nearest village sage and exorcise the suspension piece in question. It's not too late.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
whats so hard to understand?
cavitation happens and its not normal
??? you joking right now as well ? If cavitation there was, the bike would handle like total crap...and as far as Im aware the OP only mentions a squishy sound (wish is 100% normal ) coming out of his shock so far . . .

Chill out man , no need to be a dick. . .Do a quick search and you'll soon find out there are millions of threads all over the internet about squishy sounds, you telling me you've never seen that on any forums before ???

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
im not the one who called his thread a joke but that still somehow makes me the dick. wow, i guess youre on the rag huh? :think:
dude, you're an idiot ...my first post :

I thought this thread was a joke... No offense but are you serious ?

P.S : here, let me educate you :

http://www.google.ca/search?q=DHX+squishy+sound&client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=Zh9oTt7DHJDWiAKnzr3ODQ&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

To the OP, sorry for the derail, this is kind of a common thing and I genuinely thought you might be making a joke...again, unless if it behaves like poop your shock is A-1 ok...

Last edited:

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
oh, i forgot that adding "no offense" is like saying "with all due respect"

no offense, but youre an idiot
well what can you do about it, Im french and from were I come from it pretty much means no offense intended...but Im sure you'd know better BTW, do you have anything smart to say for the OP or you're just here to derail this thread?

Care to elaborate on cavitation since you brought it up, I'd LOVE to hear what you really have to say about it

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
I actually chuckled when I read the thread title. Shock makes squishy sound... it's funny.
Anyways, every shock I've ever owned makes an audible "squish, suck" noise when I bounce on it while just sitting on the bike. That's normal. If it's like freakishly loud then maybe you got something to worry about, but if you can't tell from just the sound I'd say take it to someone who knows shocks and ask them what they think.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
well, mine is actually freakishly loud. it actually has been described by a friend of mine as "dude, your shock sounds like the blowoff on a riced subaru"

i mean, other fox and marzocchi shocks, and hell, even a rs vivid, ive had/ridden have never been so loud.

the damping works fine apparently. no problems with uneven damping or anything... rebound is fine... its just annoyingly loud.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Your shock most likely needs a service.
All shocks make some noise, but excess noise generally means air in fluid.

Fox shocks are generally quieter than other brands, so from what you've said, it's definitely time for a rebuild.

It's also possible a seal somewhere is bad to cause it in the first place, so I'd ask the service center to replace all o-rings as well.

Hope that helps.