Quantcast

Fox Doss 2013 seatpost

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This was one of the posts I was most looking forward to seeing. Love the cable-actuated setup - the lever looks good too. The cable on the other hand... it would be ideal if it could be mounted on the non-moving part of the post... it just looks exposed and unfinished w/ a big loop of cable hanging out there.

Thoughts?

http://www.sicklines.com/2011/09/16/video-fox-doss-2013-seatpost/

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The cable on the other hand... it would be ideal if it could be mounted on the non-moving part of the post... it just looks exposed and unfinished w/ a big loop of cable hanging out there.
most, if not all, posts have the cable/lever on the head of the post and have a loop when its dropped. KS's new post has it below but its not out yet and is $400

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yet another manufacturer screws up designing a dropper post by attaching the cable to the head of the post. I spent two weeks on one with that design and was glad to give it back to its owner. I have no need for extra dangly bits.

That's my thought.
yeah, I think we're on the same page. If i were to get a dropper, I'd want to be able to hit the djs w/o worrying about changing my post or about extra cable slop all over the place.