Quantcast

Fox F80 RLT for street riding?

Sep 12, 2004
ok so im confusing myself here. the t in rlt is for the lockout threshold as i read in the 06 fox manual and NOT for the bump threshold which controls the fox terralogic damping system which is ONLY in f80x and f100x models.

so what exactly does this mean? - is it the threshold in which the lockout blows off when the lockout lever is turned on...so does this mean if i dont have the lockout lever on, the T function in the leg will do nothing to the performance of the fork?

so aside from the T in rlt, what is the difference between that fork and a 2006 fox rl which i lower to 80mm. to my understanding, the f series is lighter?

so does anyone have any experience running an f-series for street. im running a van now which i love but id like it to be stiffer and i have the heaviest spring in there so i want to go to air.

info on the fork: http://www.togoparts.com/items/view_item.php?iid=4810&did=0&cid=1

poekie

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
so does anyone have any experience running an f-series for street.
I do; it feels pretty flexy because the lowers on f-series forks dont have the ribbed arch, when I took apart mine the lowers felt way flexier than when I first got it and a guy I ride with cracked his lowers near the arch

long story short, get a 15mm Float or 831 or maybe an older style float with the ribbed arch like I'm running right now..

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
The lockout threshold on the RLT is adjustable by the blue knob on the bottom of the fork same side as the lockout knob. If you turn it down all the way, it will behave almost the same as a standard, non self locking out fork. With the threshold turned up and the system working properly, you will feel the fork being very firm until it encounters a hit, then it will cycle normally.

While I would rather run a 15mm TA for what you're asking, you shouldn't have any trouble with it.