Quantcast

Fox Forx prices

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was looking over a price list of all the Fox Forxs, and I cannot believe how expensive this crap is: $875 for a Talas XTT and $1600 for a 40RC2!!!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Let me know if you are seriously interested in a specific fork, and I can stop down at the shop and see if I can get you a good price!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Gex said:
You get what you pay for... The best
Hmmm. The best huh? I run a Fox fork. So even though I prefer how the Fox works. I can't honestly say they are the best. What I prefer may differ greatly from what someone else may prefer. Some folks would say that they prefer a Reba or a Marz AM1 or whatever. And their reasons for that preference may be perfectly valid. To each his/her own I say.

As for value. Fox knows they offer a premium product and charge accordingly. They could increase production to match demand as far their forks are concerned.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I guess this opens the debate about is Fox worth that much more than the equivalent from the another company...

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
I have 40's and 05 Bombers, the 40's are more beefy (in my opinion) but other than that they are pretty much matched, next i need to get are boxxers.

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
jdcamb said:
Hmmm. The best huh? I run a Fox fork. So even though I prefer how the Fox works. I can't honestly say they are the best. What I prefer may differ greatly from what someone else may prefer. Some folks would say that they prefer a Reba or a Marz AM1 or whatever. And their reasons for that preference may be perfectly valid. To each his/her own I say.

As for value. Fox knows they offer a premium product and charge accordingly. They could increase production to match demand as far their forks are concerned.
No fox is definately the best out there. i have not ridden a DH fork that can compare with the 40, a xc fork that can compare with the terralogic float, or a freeride fork that can compare with the 36. fox definately has it in the way of forks, except in the extreme freeride area, where the 888 are a little beefier than the 40 (thicker tubing, lowers) other than that, they are worth every penny

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I ride a Float 80 RL on my XC bike, and TALAS XTT on my TALAS Switchblade. I've ridden several forks including Rockshox, and Manitou. I like Fox and I've just about stopped looking at anything else. The TALAS XTT is so much less flexy than a Manitou minute, and much more adjustable. Don't get me wrong, the Manitou minute is still a good fork, and mine went on my wife's Racer X-100.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
brungeman said:
Let me know if you are seriously interested in a specific fork, and I can stop down at the shop and see if I can get you a good price!
I'm looking for a Talas RLC....can you get me a good price?
I thought I had a good price from Unicycles but turns out they just had a glitch on their website.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
crazybiker300 said:
No fox is definately the best out there. i have not ridden a DH fork that can compare with the 40
I have;)
crazybiker300 said:
a xc fork that can compare with the terralogic float
I have.
crazybiker300 said:
or a freeride fork that can compare with the 36.
I have not.
But a simple cost to to performance comparison would justify any other brand. And that is my opine.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I should point out when it comes to my next bike, I believe a Blur LT, I will pull the trigger on what I want, no matter what the price is. But when I saw the prices for Talas XTT, I was like, is this worth $300 more than the Talas RLC?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Manhattanprjkt can probably answer more questions obout the differences in the Fox line, and if he cant I will get in touch with our FOX rep, who is also the local Kona Rep, and a friend of mine (although I hardly get to see him since he moved up to the mountains) he would be able to give specifics...

I am riding a RS Reba right now (cause of the 29'er) but ALL of FOX's products are top notch. you could not go wrong with either of them. and on a blur lt that would be one bad ass rig!!!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I just picked up an F100RLT for 200 bones...I don't know what this hubub is about :p

Honestly, the RS Reba is a cheap Fox (and lighter to boot). In the year-ish time period I owned mine, it performed just as admirably as the Float I had before it, and the F100RLT afterwards. I just hated the color. :p

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have ridden a few Fox Forx and they are nice. But for me, my 888 was only $450 off ebay used in near perfect shape. I would say the fox might be nicer, but far from a $1000 nicer.

I like Zokes for what you get based on price to performance. But I'm also a cheap bastard that would rather spend a grand on chicks and booze.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
blue said:
I just picked up an F100RLT for 200 bones...I don't know what this hubub is about :p

Honestly, the RS Reba is a cheap Fox (and lighter to boot). In the year-ish time period I owned mine, it performed just as admirably as the Float I had before it, and the F100RLT afterwards. I just hated the color. :p

??? Where? My wife would love to one on her Racer-x.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bikes that come with Fox forks are not really any more expensive than bike with other forks. Fox must give OEM's competitive pricing then screw the aftermarket folks.

My company loves to do that. It is almost our policy to laugh maniacally when someone orders replacement parts.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
sanjuro said:
I was looking over a price list of all the Fox Forxs, and I cannot believe how expensive this crap is: $875 for a Talas XTT and $1600 for a 40RC2!!!!!
But you are an expert rider with industry hookups. Surely you can get a deal on those. :)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
sanjuro said:
I should point out when it comes to my next bike, I believe a Blur LT, I will pull the trigger on what I want, no matter what the price is. But when I saw the prices for Talas XTT, I was like, is this worth $300 more than the Talas RLC?
I would have to say no, esp if brunge and I can hook you up with a Talas RLC would an 05' be ok if we have it around? Fox is def worth the money...Do you need travel adjustment? If you dont the Floats are killer as well...I personally never use the travel adjustment on my 36...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
sanjuro said:
$300 for a platform damper on a 5" fork..........much less a suspension component that recieves no drivetrain forces.........c'mon...you know the answer.

That crap is for the leotard crowd who thinks they're being inefficient if they see their suspension move.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
crazybiker300 said:
No fox is definately the best out there. i have not ridden a DH fork that can compare with the 40, a xc fork that can compare with the terralogic float, or a freeride fork that can compare with the 36. fox definately has it in the way of forks, except in the extreme freeride area, where the 888 are a little beefier than the 40 (thicker tubing, lowers) other than that, they are worth every penny
I believe my TPC+ Sherman is every bit as good as a 36. I don't think a 36 was available when I was building up my bike??? Fox makes a solid product, no doubt. However in my case, I ruled them out strictly because they were too expensive. Basically almost twice what I paid for the Sherman. The Marz. products were also a lot cheaper, and solid.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Sanjuro,

I just got back from the Bike shop...
first, Santa Cruz double shipped an order and we got 2 blur LT's. Dave the owner is talking about sending it back, but I told him to wait until I talked to you. reatail is around $1700, but he said he would give it to you for a great price...

also the Talas RLC retails somewhere around 570-590...

check your pm

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
N8 said:
My Maverick is as good or better as Fox...

..but just as spendy.. :(
Uh,

1. Maverick had dramatic seal problems in the last few years.
2. Maverick is now made in Taiwan.
3. Maverick uses non-standard parts like a 24mm hub and their own propriatary stem in 20 mm increments.
4. Fox does not make a 29 inch fork (a good thing...)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
sanjuro said:
Uh,

1. Maverick had dramatic seal problems in the last few years.
2. Maverick is now made in Taiwan.
3. Maverick uses non-standard parts like a 24mm hub and their own propriatary stem in 20 mm increments.
4. Fox does not make a 29 inch fork (a good thing...)
I've had no seal leaks on my 2005 SC32.

No problems with Tiawan nor propriatary parts. There are several hubs that will work.

Chris King
I9
Maverick

#4... no, not yet.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
N8 said:
I've had no seal leaks on my 2005 SC32.

No problems with Tiawan nor propriatary parts. There are several hubs that will work.

Chris King
I9
Maverick

#4... no, not yet.
No smart answers, no witty comeback? I win!!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
uh, maybe it's just me but i've had ZERO problems w/ ANY front hubs i've owned. rear hub, sure i can see where some more $$$ can lead to a better, more reliable product. but front? no way. i've owned:

chris king
hope (both bulb and their top xc one)
formula (branded-GT)
real
wtb
suntour xc pro
shimano xt
shimano lx
ringle abbah

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
uh, maybe it's just me but i've had ZERO problems w/ ANY front hubs i've owned. rear hub, sure i can see where some more $$$ can lead to a better, more reliable product. but front? no way. i've owned:

chris king
hope (both bulb and their top xc one)
formula (branded-GT)
real
wtb
suntour xc pro
shimano xt
shimano lx
ringle abbah
Good deal.