Quantcast

Fox Forx prices

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
There is no golden, "best" fork out there. There are drawbacks to EVERY fork. My Talas R was broken out of the box, then proceeded to die when I rode in the rain. Got it rebuilt, and it is still having massive problems. The 40 is pretty good, but it's impossible to find 7 weight oil, or 5 weight oil, here in Spain. I am running 10 weight right now, and it is quite a bit more harsh than it used to be.

What's the best wet weather fork you guys have found? Every fork I've tried (Super T, Junior T, 40, 36Talas, Talas, Rock Shox Judy, Boxxer) has had huge problems in the rain and wet.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bikenweed said:
What's the best wet weather fork you guys have found? Every fork I've tried (Super T, Junior T, 40, 36Talas, Talas, Rock Shox Judy, Boxxer) has had huge problems in the rain and wet.
surprising you've had bum luck w/ marzocchis...they've given me the best seal life out of any fork i've ever owned.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
narlus said:
surprising you've had bum luck w/ marzocchis...they've given me the best seal life out of any fork i've ever owned.
Yeah, me too.....surprised that is... I've ridden here in the Pacific Northwest for a couple of years now on a Monster, 66, Z1FRSL and a Super T....never had a single problem with the rain and mud that I constantly batter my forks with....

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
narlus said:
deep frying is a mess. does anyone actually do that @ their home?
Nope, but every year there's some dumbass that overfills the vat and lights himself on fire....inevitably there's a camera there to capture the action and it gets sent to me 500 times by different people that think I haven't ever seen it before....now i need that stupid cartoon jpeg that was posted a couple days ago......

Edit: Found it!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Things I have learned that should not be deep fried.

Cans of beer
Cheese sandwiches
Eggs, in the shell
Wallets
Bologna, just kind of dissolves.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Westy said:
Things I have learned that should not be deep fried.

Cans of beer - Ummm....I'll trust ya...
Cheese sandwiches - Hmmm, sounds tasty, but I guess it's different in practice than theory...
Eggs, in the shell - Well, that question is answered now...
Wallets - What the hell??
Bologna, just kind of dissolves - It kind of dissolves anyway...just helping it along I guess....
Hmmm....Time well spent I say!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
deep frying is a mess. does anyone actually do that @ their home?
No way man. I go to Lucky Baldwins for the best fish N chips in town.

Maybe if I had a FryDaddy....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
oh man...this place south of Dublin (in Bray, actually) had THE best fish and chips ever....beshoffs i think was the name? or was the one in Howth? anyway, thick, meaty white cod filets, thick hand-cut chips w/ plenty of coarse salt and sprinkled w/ malt vinegar.

:drool:

damn, now i'm starving.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Ever try to deep fry fruit? Froooot? Salad? Flowers?

Speaking of deep fried, the forks probably die quickly due to the fact that the mud that they see is not nice, soft, organic mud. It's rock ladden, mineral rich, and probably kinda salty mud. Desert-ish conditions in the wet make for some hectic slop.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
bikenweed said:
A little slice of heaven right there in your frying pan, splattering all over you. Hope you wear a shirt while you cook.
A nice shirt. Unless you have one of those Kid Rock popcan-tab shirts lying around. Then use one of those.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
oh man...this place south of Dublin (in Bray, actually) had THE best fish and chips ever....beshoffs i think was the name? or was the one in Howth? anyway, thick, meaty white cod filets, thick hand-cut chips w/ plenty of coarse salt and sprinkled w/ malt vinegar.

:drool:

damn, now i'm starving.
Dang! Now I have to go back to Ireland! :drool: :drool:

While in Cashel I had one of the best steaks ever. I guess when it's mooing the day before on a farm a mile down the road it's going to be pretty tasty whe it's on your plate the next day.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
actually, what pros run doesn't really concern joe schmoe's choice, or what's best in general. they get paid to race what their sponsors foist upon them.

J

JRB

I had the best fried catfish ever in a restaurant yesterday. Turns out, they do it every Friday. It's kind of a hick town 30 miles east of here, but if I get brave, I'll get some pics next week.