Quantcast

Fox Forx Vanilla travel setting question

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
I was under the assumption that all the Fox Forx Vanillas were adjustable from 80-100-125mm. Just that they were sold as either 80 or 100 or 125. Is that correct, or no? Could I buy, say, a Vanilla 100 and change the travel to 80 or 125mm of travel? I was just told i could only go down to 80mm with the Vanilla 100R, but thought they were all travel-adjustable. Anyway, I figure someone know better than I do. Thanks!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Go to the Fox website and you'll find manuals for the model year in question. I was looking there for the same info and found all I need. As far as I know/remember, yes, on all the coil shocks the travel is adjustable from 80-100-125. You don't need new parts to change it except the springs....not that they're different lengths, but different wieght springs are needed for the same weight rider when you're changing travel.

I *think* they're selling them all as 125mm now; it's up to you to do the travel adjustment if you want. But go to the fox site; the manuals are pretty good.

MD

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
IIRC to switch from 125 to 80 you need to rearrange the spacers and swap one of them with a shorter one that comes in a bag with the manual. They may have stopped shipping that shorter spacer with new forks. At any rate, yes you can change the travel on any vanilla to 125, 100, or 80mm by rearranging and changing spacers.