Quantcast

Fox Guys: Please Help. (Float R vs. RLC/RC2) For Dirt Jumping/4x/slalom

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Hey guys, I need help real quick, Im trying to place an order with FOX Shox today to get myself a new Dirtjump/4x/DS fork. I've decided I want a Float 36 to lower it to 100mm, but I cant decide if I should buck up the extra money to get the RLC version with FIT damper over just the normal R. Im not sure if I will actually need it or not, as it's quite a bit more.

Is anyone out there running a Float R without the compression adjustment? And if so, what do you think? Do you wish you had the RLC?

Anyone run both of them before?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've got a 36 slammed to 70mm. With that little travel, subtle damping adjustments don't really mean too much. Mine's just the plain float R because I knew it wouldn't matter for dirtjumping.

Running one at 100mm on a rough 4x course might be somewhere you'd want to start playing with compression adjustments though. Plus the resale will be highter :D

v6 4.3

Monkey
Jan 22, 2005
wow, you didnt even take advantage of the new fox 831 dirt jumper fork!! haha.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
wow, you didnt even take advantage of the new fox 831 dirt jumper fork!! haha.
Well it was a consideration, especially since it was more than a hundred dollars cheaper than the fork I chose lol

But I really wanted a 20mm axle, because I have 20mm wheels, and the 20mm hubs are cheaper and easier to come by.

I wanted the 36 stanchions really bad, and I wanted the versatility of being able to adjust the travel, and throw it on a trail/freeride bike if I wanted to.