Quantcast

Fox Propedal problem

DukeNukem3d

Monkey
Oct 4, 2004
I've got a Fox Vanilla Propedal 9.5"x3" shock, which wasnt used a lot yet but I have a problem.

First I thought my bushings did not fit well but when I wanted to be sure I found out it is the shock which has a very small amount of play. You can hear it and feel it as well too. As I am saying, very small but its there. It isnt in the spring or the collar, really in the shock itself. When I take the spring off and I use the ground to push the shock through its stroke I can feel it at the first moment. Throughout the stroke when stopping and pushing further I dont feel it. I can feel it only when pushing the shock when I start pushing when it is at its full length (240mm). I hope you understand what I am saying, if not let me know.

I wonder if it will go away or if its an internal problem which needs to be fixed ASAP. Do you know if this is common? My suspension dealer says its normal because it is Propedal.
Maybe you can tell me how to check out if anything is wrong?

Furthermore:
All the adjustments like compression and rebound just function as normal.
What is strange is that normally I can get my shocks through their stroke quite easily when they are out of my bike (without spring ofcourse) but this one I really have to use force on the ground. When its in my bike it doesnt feel much harder than I am used to with other shocks and I get the sag I want quite easily.

Thanks for the help!