Quantcast

Fox RC4 on Intense Socom?

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
I was just reading around on forums and stuff on the RC4 a lot of people like but an equal amount of people dislike. I read it works really well on some single pivots.

I have a pushed DHX 5.0 I really like it but I'd like to play around with different settings a bit. thats why I'm thinking an RC4. The DHX Sometimes it feels a bit harsh on rock gardens.

Has anyone tried on a socom or a 951 ?
are there base settings you can get for your height and weight?
Wondering would the Fox RC4 and the Cane creek take a similar time to setup?
I am considering a cane creek but they seem to take a lot to get setup.

Last edited:

rider151

Chimp
Sep 11, 2008
San Diego
Have the RC4 on my 951 currently and love it (tons of mixed reviews with this frame/shock combo and peoples settings really seem all over the board from what I've seen for some reason). Had a DHX 5 on my Socom and like you couldn't seem to tune out all of the harshness. I haven't tried it but definitely think that with some tuning the RC4 could work great on the Socom. If I was still on the Socom I'd be pretty interested to try this setup. Good luck!

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
From the research ive done on the Socom when I was going to upgrade my shock before I sold the bike, was the Elka. I think Elka has a special tune for VPP.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Try a CCDB, you won't regret it. IMO it works so well with the Socoms suspension. And as you said you like to play around with settings this is also your best option.