Quantcast

Fox Rebuild or send to Push

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Just wanted to get some opinions from the folks on here. Need to get my rear shock rebuilt for my Chumba F4. Over the phone, Fox claimed the rebuild for my Rear shock would cost between 80 and 120 depending on what needed to be done. The push rebuild plus factory/bottoming system is $170.

Is the push rebuild plus the factory tune and bottom system work the extra dollars?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I sent the RP23 from my XC bike to fox a month or so ago. Couldnt be happier. Will probably send my DHX back to them this week. I wrapped a piece of paper around the shock with my and the bikes info, not sure what they did but it feels awesome. Round trip with 2 day shipping was $110.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I hear the race tents won't help you if your products been aftermarket tuned. That alone makes me hesitate, considering how many times I've been helped out by them in the past.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Just wanted to get some opinions from the folks on here. Need to get my rear shock rebuilt for my Chumba F4. Over the phone, Fox claimed the rebuild for my Rear shock would cost between 80 and 120 depending on what needed to be done. The push rebuild plus factory/bottoming system is $170.

Is the push rebuild plus the factory tune and bottom system work the extra dollars?
What shock will you be sending in, an old RC, or a newer DHX Etc???

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Really?!? That seems somewhat ridiculous to me. Especially since all someone would have to do is pull the Push decal off...... :disgust:
Why would they? It is no longer their stock product inside. As soon as they open it up they will know. You think the technicians cannot tell the difference between their own shock parts (that they see thousands of times) and 3rd party parts and configurations?

Fox tracks very closely changes made to their shocks internally (via serialized stickers at the race support truck).

They touch a 3r party shock, something inside breaks and then they look responsible, even though it isn't their problem.

Oct 14, 2007
Why would they? It is no longer their stock product inside. As soon as they open it up they will know. You think the technicians cannot tell the difference between their own shock parts (that they see thousands of times) and 3rd party parts and configurations?

Fox tracks very closely changes made to their shocks internally (via serialized stickers at the race support truck).

They touch a 3r party shock, something inside breaks and then they look responsible, even though it isn't their problem.
you just stole the words from my mouth

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Not to jack the thread but I've got an old Fox RC too, on my Tomac 204. I've been looking through the PUSH site and have been wondering if it would be worth it to send it in. Not sure if the shock is still performing the way it did when it was new. I bought the bike used.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Not to jack the thread but I've got an old Fox RC too, on my Tomac 204. I've been looking through the PUSH site and have been wondering if it would be worth it to send it in. Not sure if the shock is still performing the way it did when it was new. I bought the bike used.
For the Older RC's I defenetly suggest going with FOX rebuild. They update the guts, install some propedal, new bushings, the works..... All for about 120. I Like Push, but I really like the RC's that come back from fox now. I didnt like the feel of a DHX, I didnt like the feel of the RC's. but I DO like the way the RC's feel after fox's new rebuilds.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I was a big advocate for push last year, but I have found that it really doesnt make that big of a difference. and fox is at all of the major races in the country.

the thing I have found out is this.......

most riders dont know how to tune thier suspension for the course/conditions they are riding so they think PUSH will make up the difference.

I have close to 10 rear shocks lying around and half of them are pushed. I can no longer tell just by riding them wich ones are stock and wich ones arent. and they are swapped out all the time.

I have not seen the benefit after sending over 5 shocks and a few forks in to PUSH. I would rather send it to fox or take it by the tent when at a race and listen straight to the tech tell me whats wrong with my part or remedies to make my life easier.

just my two bits

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I don't think it's a bad idea. I got the works from Push on the same shock on the same frame. I'm not the most discerning when it comes to equipment changes, but it did seem to perform a little better. Nothing absolutely stellar from my point of view, but noticable- a little more controlled, a little less bobbing, a little better on bigger and some medium hits. Getting a rebuild is probably a good idea, but if you have a few extra bucks laying around, sending it to Push isn't a bad way to go.

The 204 is a good frame and handles the often not so great RC pretty well. If you have the extra money, Push won't hurt. I still use the shock on a different frame after the 204 started cracking.