Quantcast

Fox shock question

some_rider

Chimp
Mar 7, 2005
MA
Anyone know about oil (wd40 viscocity) coming out of the air valve on a Fox DHX5.0 shock? When I put my pump on to put air in this is when it happened. Oil actually went into my pump too. I played with the rebound etc after and everything still functions like nothing happend. I know there's a seal there so you don't want to over turn the pump onto the valve. I didn't know the air chamber also had oil. Is this an issue?

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
well normally the chamber shouldn't have oil to my knowledge, how much oil are we talking about? I can see a little getting in there during assembly, but it sounds like you may be having seal trouble. Maybe you blew out the shock seal? I would call fox and ask them, otherwise come monday i can call them from my shop and see.

some_rider

Chimp
Mar 7, 2005
MA
BMXman said:
have you called Fox yet?...D
I did but figured I'd post it up since I had to wait for em to open before I called...they said they don't see an issue with it. It's lube due to low pressure in the chamber (sub 75 psi). So they say try to get as much of it out with out going below 75 psi...I did and tried it again, man they must have alot of lube in there :rolleyes:

some_rider

Chimp
Mar 7, 2005
MA
Grizzle said:
well normally the chamber shouldn't have oil to my knowledge, how much oil are we talking about? I can see a little getting in there during assembly, but it sounds like you may be having seal trouble. Maybe you blew out the shock seal? I would call fox and ask them, otherwise come monday i can call them from my shop and see.
there was enough to make a nice mess (with the assist of the shock pump pressure spraying it when i took it off the valve)...all over you hands, in shock pump and on shock/bike...shock was new, it had one weekend of rides on it...