Quantcast

Fox shock tunes?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My old shock gives the below on Fox:
2013, FLOAT-K F-S, CTD-Adj BV LV, Turner, 5-Spot, 7.500, 2.000, 0.6 Spacer, VTL, RTM, 175, 16

So it's a Kashima CTD, 7.5x2, low compression tune, medium rebound, 175 boost valve (?) and 16 somethings...

A DPX2 for sale on PB gives:
2020, FLOAT DPX2, F-S, K, 3pos-Adj, Evol LV, FOX, AM, 7.5, 2.0, 0.2 Spacer, CM, DRM, Rezi A F F, Orange Logo

That appears to be CM = medium compression and DRM = medium rebound? So too heavy a tune to effectively work on my bike?

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
DRM is Digressive Rebound Medium. The Rezi A F F refers (I believe) to it having a climb switch, with the middle position and climb position having firm tunes as well.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Does an index of all the Fox tunes exist anywhere? Just out of curiosity. I've got a pair of DPX2 shocks for the same bike, one is Factory (DX66 tune) the other is Performance series (DNCM tune)

Edit: Nevermind, I found the info on the Fox site

Last edited:

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
I had a burner like that, make sure the lower part of the rear triangle doesn’t bottom out on the bottom of the seat tube. It’s not the easiest to explain but it’s the lower rearward pivot hitting the underside of the seat tube, turner told me to file the frame for clearance. While your there if the frame isn’t drilled for a internal dropper there is a hole on the under side of the seat tube that only needs a slightly larger drill to pass a housing through it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I had a burner like that, make sure the lower part of the rear triangle doesn’t bottom out on the bottom of the seat tube. It’s not the easiest to explain but it’s the lower rearward pivot hitting the underside of the seat tube, turner told me to file the frame for clearance. While your there if the frame isn’t drilled for a internal dropper there is a hole on the under side of the seat tube that only needs a slightly larger drill to pass a housing through it.
I've had it since new in late 2012.

It bottoms out there/squashes dirt in the gap if it's a hard enough landing, raw frame so no paintwork/ano to damage, but the slight play in the rear end before I just replaced the linkage meant the seat tube sometimes caught the edge of the black linkage. With the shock uncoupled it won't hit, it must just be the forces on bottom out cause the slight contact or if there's loose dirt filling the gap it grinds a little.

I never bothered drilling for internal dropper, the seat tube isn't reamed enough for me to get clearance on a 150mm and my 125mm Lev has been fine.

I think I used the original hexlock lower linkage for four years, then replaced with a one piece for the last four and Turner just sold me a new lower linkage. So if I can get a little longer out of the frame I'm happy to do so.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
I didn’t have a problem with it except at bottom out I would get kicked, first trail bike after only having dh bikes I thought it was the shock but when I saw the problem and contacted turner saying to me “file it” I was over it.